"Attachment can't be null or empty" exception for .ics attachment inside TNEF part

Hi,
we have a MSG message which was extracted from one of our clients PST file but failed to be converted to MIME (MailMessage) with the following message “The name of attachment can’t be null or empty.” but when we took that MSG file and put it to new PST file and then extracted it again and convert it to MIME, we didn’t get any problems and we get correct headers for .ics attachment:

Content-Type: text/calendar; name=“meeting.ics”; method=“REQUEST”; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Exception that we get:
com.aspose.email.system.exceptions.ArgumentNullException: The name of attachment can’t be null or empty.
Parameter name: name

com.aspose.email.MapiAttachmentCollection.add(Unknown Source)

com.aspose.email.MapiCalendar.(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.email.MapiMessage.toMapiMessageItem(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.email.AppointmentMailMessageInterpretor.interpret(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.email.MailMessage.b(Unknown Source)

com.aspose.email.MailMessage.a(Unknown Source)

com.aspose.email.MailMessage.load(Unknown Source)

I am not able to provide this MSG file that is causing the problems cause it is our clients data but if you don’t have any ideas about the problem that we are experiencing I can try to get approval to give you that MSG file.

Thank You

Kind Regards,

Nikola Trkulja

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I am afraid but I couldn’t reproduce this issue at my end with the sample ICS files available with me. In order to investigate this issue and assist you further, please provide us with the sample problematic file that we could use to reproduce the issue at our end and assist you accordingly.

Hi Kashif,

Ok, I will talk with the client and try to get approval to give you that problematic file.
If everything goes fine, I will email the file directly to you.

Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Nikola Trkulja

Hi Nikola,

I have further marked this thread as private so that it is accessible to you and Aspose staff only for data privacy. Please feel free and safe to share your sample file with us once it is available for our investigation. We’ll look into it and assist you accordingly.

Hi,

thanks for marking the thread private we are still waiting for the client to approve sending the message files to you for analysis. Will post the files here as soon as we get approval.

Kind Regards,
Nikola Trkulja

Hi Nikola,

Sure. Once the files are available for our investigation, we’ll look into these for assisting you further.