"Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words." text appearing in some documents

Hi there,
The maintenance on our Aspose.Words license recently expired (it should still be a valid licence - ie not a trial version) and now users have reported that letters are now being generated containing the additional text below:
Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2010 Aspose Pty Ltd.
It seems however that only one letter out of 11 contained this extra text.

Nothing else has changed with regards to Aspose - please can you advise?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The license files come with an expiry date which determines whether you can free upgrade to a version of Aspose.Words that is published before or on that expiry date. Therefore, you always need to have a valid subscription to be able to use the latest released version of Aspose.Words. Moreover, your license is a perpetual license and will not stop working. In case you decide not to renew the maintenance subscription, you will not be able to download any updates or fixes published for your component after your current expiration date is passed.

I would also like to mention a few points here:

• Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

In case the problem still remains, please post your license file via mail to us along with the Aspose.Words’ version information. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. In order to post your license file to us please follow the instructions provided in the following link:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711

Best regards,

Hi Matt,

I see that you have sent me an email which contains the content of your license file. But, I need your actual license file (.lic file) to be able to investigate your problem. Please re-send the email with the required file attached. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing your license file via email. I tested your license with Aspose.Words for .Net 13.6.0 and was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Your license is valid and I didn’t find anything wrong with it. Please make sure you properly applied the license by following the steps mentioned in the following link:
https://docs.aspose.com/barcode/net/licensing/

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thank you for the confirmation. After that we’ve now tracked it down to a bug in the code. The fact that the date being generated on the document was the same as expiry date of the licence had incorrectly caused us to believe that it was a licence issue.

Kind regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

It’s great you were able to find what you were looking for. Please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Best regards,