"Format cells" option not appearing

HI, i have used the bordering option of the cells using aspose functions.

sheet.cells[3,5].style.Borders[.....].....

In the output excel sheet, the borders are appearing successfully, but on those bordered cells if i right click and select the option "Format cells" nothing is appearing. while that option works on the non bordered cells.

Could you tell us how to make it work along with bordering the cells.

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Approaches to Format Data in Cells - Aspose.Cells for .NET and Java

Hi,

Could you post your template file with sample code, we will check it soon.

And which version you are using?

Thank you.

HI,

I will list out the lines of code being used by me. Since it is at clients environment i cant send the entire code.

First i am filling in the data as shown below

sheet.Cells[10,0].PutValue( "Babu" );

Then i am applying the borders for these cells as shown below

sheet.Cells[10,0].Style.Borders[BorderType.LeftBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

sheet.Cells[10,0].Style.Borders[BorderType.RightBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

sheet.Cells[10,0].Style.Borders[BorderType.TopBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

sheet.Cells[10,0].Style.Borders[BorderType.BottomBorder].LineStyle = CellBorderType.Thin;

And the template we are using is a plain Excel sheet only with out any formatting cells.

for all the cells with the above bordering implementation we are not seeing the "Format cells" option box when right clicked on these cells

We are using Aspose.Excel evaluation version v1.0.3705

Please let us know whats the reason for this.

Thank You

Babu

Hi Babu,

Well, I don't find the problem implementing your scenario and the "Format Cells..." option is appearing on the cell having borders in MS Excel. Which version of Aspose.Cells for .NET you are using. Could you try the attached version.

If you still find the problem, could you post your template file here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

We are using Aspose.Excel evaluation version v1.0.3705

Hi,

Well, version v1.0.3705 refers to .NET Framework version. To check the component's version, right click on it and click properties to see the version.

I have tested your template file into MS Excel (2000 - 2007) and I can see Format Cells option in all these versions of MS Excel

Since you are using the older Aspose.Excel, Could you upgrade to latest Aspose.Cells and try it.

Thank you.

And to upgrade to latest Aspose.Cells component, please check the following doc:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/upgrade-to-modern-aspose-cells-component.html

Thank you.

the version we are using is 3.5.2.0

I am afraid that we cant upgrade it at this point of time.

I am sure its not the problem with the excel template file.

Will check that and post you details