"Official" list of supported Word doc formats?

Do you have a page that provides an “official” list of which versions of Word are supported by the current version of the Aspose.Words SDK for Java?

I see these two links:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/supported-document-formats/

But I wonder if there is anything that includes more recent versions of Word (2013, 2016, online web version of Word)?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. Generally, Aspose.Words for Java supports all Microsoft Word versions i.e. 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc; could you please try upgrading to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 16.1.0 and see how it goes on your end. In case Aspose.Words for Java is unable to load any document(s) you have on your end, please zip and attach them here for testing. We will investigate the issue(s) on our end and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sorry, I wasn’t having a specific problem with any particular format. What I wanted was a pointer to up-to-date documentation that described (briefly) the supported formats, so that when I potential customer asks us if (say) Word 2016 is supported, we could say “yes” and point them to your documentation to confirm. (Sort of a “spec” sheet is what I’m looking for I guess).

If you don’t have such documentation, that’s fine, just was curious if you had something you could point me to. I couldn’t find anything quite like what I was looking for in your docs.

Edit: can you also provide explicit response to your support level for the
“web” version of Word that comes with Office 365? Thanks…

Thanks,
Tom

Does Aspose.Word fully support the MS Office 365 “web” version of Word?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Full support for MS Word 2016 is a very large umbrella term that needs to be clarified e.g. round-tripping document is our basic support for MS Word 2016 (and all MS Word versions) which is in place. There are other things to be checked as well e.g. drawing/graphics support. So if “official” announcement is a big expectation awaited, I am afraid, there are extra features added in MS Word 2016 that are not yet available in public API of Aspose.Words. However, as far as file formats are concerned, please check what supported formats are listed in the following page:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/java/com.aspose.words/loadformat

You can simply create a document using MS Word 2016 or Office 365 (web) and load/save it using Aspose.Words for Java. If you find no errors/unexpected behaviors in Aspose.Words for Java generated document (round-trip) then you can safely say yes Aspose.Words for Java supports this Word editor etc. Hope, this helps.

Best regards,