"Original" Docx vs "Aspose" Docx

Hi,

I did a simple test with a docx file created in word.

I then open it with Aspose, and save it under a new file using the standard OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.DOCX) options.

When looking at each file in MS Word, they look identical, but the Aspose file is smaller than the original. Is there a way to have it saved “exactly” as the original?

I’m asking because we are using a 3rd party tool to convert files to PDF, and with it, the original file works correctly but the Aspose file is seen as an “unsupported format” and cannot be converted.

We would really like to start integrating Aspose with our own solution, and while PDF generation through Aspose is something we are considering, it will not be possible in the short term and we need to continue using that other tool.

Thanks,

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 17.6 and see how it goes on your end. Hope, this helps.

In case the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated DOCX file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Yes. You can directly convert Word documents to PDF by using Aspose.Words for Java. However, what third party tool you are currently using to convert files to PDF? From where can we download it for testing?

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply!

The download page does not seem to be working today, I get a “Secure Connection Failed” error message from the browser.

Here
are the files I was referring too, Doc1.docx one is the “original” made
with MS Word, and the Doc2.docx is the file as saved through Aspose,
without any changes (we simply open the Doc1.docx with Aspose and save
it right after without changing anything else).

Note: The 3rd party tool we are using for PDF conversion is Adlib.

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your inquiry. The problem with 'download section' has now been fixed. Please try latest version of Aspose.Words for Java. I have also attached output DOCX file here for your reference. Is Adlib able to convert this DOCX to PDF on your end?

I have also requested a demo version of Adlib from http://www.adlibsoftware.com/ but have not heard back from them yet. Is it possible for you to ZIP and attach Adlib's JAR file here for a quick test?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,