We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

"�" character cause xml to pdf rendering to generate invalid pdfs

I have posted this question on stack overflow (<xsl:for-each select=“m:SubFormObjects/m:VariableFormObject”>
fo:table-row
<fo:table-cell border-bottom=“1px solid #DCDCDC” border-right=“1px solid #DCDCDC” padding=“7px 7px 7px 4px”>
<xsl:if test=“position()=1”>
<xsl:attribute name=“border-top”>
xsl:text1px solid #DCDCDC</xsl:text>
</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:call-template name=“variableLabel”>
<xsl:with-param name=“label” select=“m:VariableLabel”></xsl:with-param>
<xsl:with-param name=“name” select=“m:VariableName”></xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>
</fo:table-cell>">here) about this issue as well. I have a basic xml document with text containing forward slash characters ("") and when I render said file to pdf, the content is not visible, and the when clicking pdf bookmarks, I recieve the generic adobe acrobat error about an issue with the pdf and speak to the generator or the file.


Please help! (p.s. I am currently using version 9.3.0.0 for the aspose.pdf library)

Hi Nathan,


Thanks for contacting support.

Please share the resource XML file so that we can test the conversion in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

looks like the forum’s linking functionality is not working.


I have posted all of my details on stack overflow here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27407486/forward-slash-breaks-aspose-pdf-xsl-fo?noredirect=1#comment43272875_27407486


To recreate, you just need to include a forward slash in your raw xml data, and then try to do a xlst translate for the pdf generation. if this does not reproduce, I can attempt to send you my raw xml and xlst, but we would like to avoid sending code to outside parties if we can.

I have spent more time on this, and found that it was not the “/” character but it is occuring due to a dash “-” our new code saves this value encoded as


"&ndash;"

vs, the existing customers have the following value saved:

"–"

shouldn’t this work as well? I am seeing suggestions that this could be an em-Dash but that it just will end up with the wrong character, where as my problem is causing whole content to not render, and bookmarks to stop working.

any ideas why this would occur?

Hi Nathan,


Thanks for providing additional information. We have tested the scenario with latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9;0 and noticed the reported issue. So we have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-37947 in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue and its rectification. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hey Tilal,


I am not sure how to check the status of this issue. Is there a website or system I can check for the status of this PDFNEWNET-37947 ticket?

Also we are seeing the same “blank pages, with error messages” when supporting the Chinese culture as well.

I thought I would also denote this here as well

Hi Nathan,


Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid Issue tracking system is our internal system and customer can not access it for updates. Please free to contact us for the update. As we have noticed your issue recently, it is pending for investigation due to the issues, already under investigation/resolution. However we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution progress.

Moreover to your findings regarding Chinese culture, please share your source document. So we will look into it and update your accordingly.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37947) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.9.0.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.