"Unable to cast object of type 'Aspose.Words.Drawing.GroupShape' to type 'Aspose.Words.Paragraph'."

Hi,
when i try to save a Docx using Aspose.Words 4.4.3 and received the following error:
“Unable to cast object of type ‘Aspose.Words.Drawing.GroupShape’ to type ‘Aspose.Words.Paragraph’.”
However, if i open up MS Words 2007 and save it as a Doc file then try it again…it works fine.
is there anyway i can save a Docx using Aspose.Words without any error like the one above>?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document for testing? We will investigate this problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Thanks for your reply Alexey,
please use the attached ‘110366.docx’ for testing.

Hi Alexey,
I’ve attached another document for testing (attached ‘110366.doc’). The attached contains the exact same contents as the Docx one that I’ve previously attached. However, Aspose.Words saved the Doc formatted one prefectly fine.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce this problem. I have created new issue # 4356 in our defect database. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
I’ve notice that Aspose.Words for .NET 5.0.0 is up and available to download. Does the release included this fix?
please confirm
regards,
andy

Hi
Unfortunately this issue is still unresolved. I will notify you as soon as it is done. Thanks for your patience.
Best regards.

Hi
We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.

Issue # 4356 - “System.InvalidCastException” occurs during saving DOCX file in AsposePdf format.

The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.