We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

"unable to get field value" exception

Hi everybody,

I'm opening this thread in order to try to resolve a very strange problem I'm having: one of the reports I've created causes sometime an error that reads "unable to get value for field 'id_user' of type 'java.lang.Integer'".

Now, while it is true that "id_user" is not an integer (it is a varchar actually), I do not understand why this error appears considering that:

1) in the jrxml source (generated using iReport 3.7.3) there is absolutely NO field/parameter/variable/whatever named "id_user" and having type integer

2) in the associated query, the "id_user" field is NOT selected

So the question is, why would the servlet, which compiles and fills the .jrxml source on-the-fly, complain for such error?

Thanks to anybody who'll provide some insight.

PS: I'm using Aspose.Words for JasperReports v1.3.0

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your .jrprint file here for testing? We will try to reproduce the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

There is no jrprint available 'cause the exception is thrown when the jrprint is filled with data, so it never completes filling it.

Anyway, we found some workaround for the issue, but I’d be very curios to know why did it happen…