How do I replace the following Word Automation code with Aspose.Word ?
strVal = objWordDoc.Sections.Item(1).Range.FormFields.Item(2).Result
This is not part of Aspose.Word API yet, but it could be added quickly.
What other requirements do you have?
Thanks for your quick response.
That is our only requirement at this point: FormField data retrieval. We are looking to replace the Word Automation code ASAP with your library. Here are the properties we use:
Please let me know if you can indeed add these APIs, and in what timeframe. I can also send a copy of the Word document we use with the FormFields in it if u need.
I’ll add them in the next two days. This is what we like to do - add features requested by customers.
Sounds good to me - thanks again. Please post a reply to this thread when complete.
FormFields are available, please check out http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5440#5627.
Thanks for hotfix 1.3.3. I am now able to access form field values. However, I have a few issues:
1. When a FormField is blank, the value retrieved is a string of unrecognizeable characters. Can u possible force a blank formfield to be retrieved as a null string ("") ?
2. I am still unable to do FormFields.Count - basically I need a property to retrieve the number of form fields. I mentioned this in my 04-05-2004 02:12 PM post.
3. I need to be able to get the text of an entire section: e.g .Sections.Item(2).Range.Text. I also mentioned this in my 04-05-2004 02:12 PM post.
Is it possible to make these changes? And if so, what is your timeframe?
1. The unrecognizable characters are probably caused by that the empty field is filled with some “o” characters in Word by default, but I think I know what I’m doing wrong.
2. Good point, Count was forgotten.
3. No problem converting range to text as we already have to text converter.
Timeframe is for immediate release.
Done, check out http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5440#5642.
Thanks Roman. All requested functionality iw working great.
Which Apsose.Word edition do I need to purchase? Will ‘Basic’ have this new stuff, or do I need one of the others (Standard, Professional, Corporate) ?
Form fields are available in the Corporate edition. http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Word/Intro/Editiontypes.html.