I had found 2 majors bugs,
1) if the document had any comments, when i try to append header and footer, it will throw a “annotation not supported” error. Would like to know what is this?
2) if the word document had an inserted object(eg: xls file) in it, after i append header and footer information, the inserted object won’t be able to open.
I hope you would get back me real soon.
1. Comments and annotations are the same thing in Word documents. Aspose.Word does not support them yet, although we plan to do so. Don’t have a definite release date yet, could be in 1-2 months.
2. Send the file and your code to me to firstname.lastname@example.org with the inserted object problem and we will address it asap.
Please check Aspose.Word 2.1 addresses the issue with embedded objects. For more info see http://www.aspose.com/blogs/roman.korchagin/archive/2005/01/03/371.aspx
Thank for the reply.
I will give a try on the 2.1 and get back to you real soon.
Would like to find out from you how do i use the clearstory function to clear the header and footer?
can i call the function it using the “DocumentBuilder” because to go to the header i using “MoveToHeaderFooter” to position the cursor.
And would like to clear all the content.
Please enlighten me on this.
ClearStory is available for Section. If you need to clear headers and footers throughout whole document, make sure to loop through all sections.
for each (Section section in doc.Sections)
//Clear whatever story or stories in the section you want.
Thank for all your help, it works for both the clearing of the header and footer as well as the embedded objects.
Hope to hear from you soon on the annotation problems. Feel that this is an important features where many people used that in the word document.
Please do get back to me once that had been done. Thank for all the efforts and support provided.
would like to find out from you how is the progress for supporting annotation?
Sorry no work on the annotations has been done yet.
Any idea as to the timeframe till annotations will be supported?
Annotations implementing is probably 2-3 months away.
Thanks for the quick response.
I’m looking forward to it!
I had actually raised another issue regarding aspose, on top of the annotation and shape(drawing), what else it does not support in a word document.
The other thing is that i had actually raised up the issue regarding annotation quite some time back, and you had actually said it will be ready in 2-3 mths, is it possible that you put this as the highest priority together with the support of the shapes(drawing).
Reason is simply because these 2 are the basic features in MS word and many user will be using it intensively.
I understand that it may sound abit unreasonable but my client which consist of 1000s of users who is using this component is currently stuck as they can’t proceeded.
I really hope you would understand and push this to the highest priority and lso could you roughly give me a timeline when will these 2 features be ready?
I can tell you that right now we are working on the project to support drawing shapes fully. The goals of this project are:
1. Make sure there are no issues with group shapes or text boxes in handling DOC files.
2. Shapes and text boxes are imported and exported to HTML, RTF, WordML and PDF.
We have not started any work on supporting annotations yet, it was being pushed away by other important features.
In fact, we should correct ourselves and stop saying “a feature will be ready in 2-3 months”, what we really mean is “please check back in 2-3 month, the feature might be ready”.
Sorry but this is the best we can at the moment.