Re: Android Compatibility for PDF?

I am also interested know whether aspose can be used to embed a ( doc/pdf/xls )files inside of an app in android?

Hi Anshul,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sorry for a delay in response.

Well, at the moment, Aspose.Pdf for Java is not supported on Android Platform. However, I have asked for the details from our development team to share their feedback that if / when it can be supported. I will update you via this forum thread regarding whether it can be supported or not in the near future.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

anshul-1:
I am also interested know whether aspose can be used to embed a ( doc/pdf/xls )files inside of an app in android?
Hi Anshul,

As your query also includes embedding of .Doc and .xls files inside Android application, I am moving this thread to respective forum where my fellow workers from respective team will be able to answer them in more appropriate manner. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Hi Anshul,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am representative of Aspose.Words team.

Unfortunately, I am afraid you cannot use the current version of Aspose.Words for Java on Android platform. This is because Aspose.Words for Java depends on java.awt to work with 2D graphics; but Android does not include java.awt.

However, there are good news too i.e. in one of future version, we plan to get rid of using java.awt is Aspose.Words for Java library. After this you will be able to use Aspose.Words on Android platform too. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue (WORDSJAVA-16) in our bug tracking system. We will let you know once it is supported.

Best Regards,
Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells for JAVA team.

We recommend you to kindly read the article regarding Using Aspose.XXX for Java over Android OS
Please study it and let me know if it is helpful to you.

In the meanwhile we will try to simulate the environment and thoroughly test Aspose.Cells for JAVA. One thing is sure if you only use our component (Aspose.Cells for Java) to open/save Excel files and get/set cell values etc., it should work fine without any issue. But we think when you do the tasks, such as, exporting images, auto-fitting rows/columns etc., the Swing/Awt libraries might be needed for it. Anyways, a ticket is logged with an id: CELLSJAVA-40296 for it. We will look into it soon. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue (CELLSJAVA-40296) in our bug tracking system. We will let you know once it is done.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-16) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)