Re: Aspose.Diagram for Java

Any news on this? Right now we are considering technology to create Visio files from Java, would like to be beta/alpha testers of new library

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is still unresolved. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as a significant move towards releasing Aspose.Diagram for Java has been made. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello, we are discovering Aspose.Diagram for Java, and as I can see it doesn’t support new documents creation and editing (including shapes creation/manipulation). Is it planned in future releases? If so, can you provide any estimates when it will be available?

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting support. Aspose.BarCode for Java is fully auto-ported from its .NET product. It works perfect while creating a new diagram or manipulating existing shape items. Please refer to the helping API docs: Aspose.Diagram for Java|Documentation

Blog post: [Read, Convert and Manage Microsoft Visio Files using Aspose.Diagram for Java](https://blog.aspose.com/2014/06/01/read-convert-and-manage-microsoft-visio-files-using-aspose.diagram-for-java)

In case, you are facing any problem, then please share its details in this forum thread. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-27223) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(3)

Great. In accordance with API docs you don’t support Visio 2013 formats (VSDX, VSDM) now. Is it planned in future?

Hi John,

Thank you for your inquiry. You are right. Aspose.Diagram API supports reading the new MS Visio 2013 VSDX format, but its writing feature is not supported yet. We already have logged this issue under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50015 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. We’ll keep you informed regarding any updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

Hi, we are evaluating Aspose.Diagram Java and found some issues so far:
1. When tried to add Action to a new page but it seems that the
feature doesn’t work. See “add_action.gif”

2. Also, there is master shape (you can see it in attached
template) and when I try to add to a page I get an exception - see
“add_shape.gif” screeshot. I know that I can add just “Rectangle” master
shape but there is more difficult master shape where I get the same
exception so I would like to investigate what is wrong in this case.

Attached visio template was created in MS Visio 2013. Java code is
attached too
(samplecode.zip)

Thanks

Hi John,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We managed to replicate the issues said. The action cell entry is properly being preview able when we open output VDX file in the Microsoft Office Visio 2010. However, not visible in the Microsoft Office Visio 2013. We have logged these issues as follows:

DIAGRAMJAVA-50032 - NumberFormatException message when called Page.addShape method
DIAGRAMJAVA-50033 - Action cell is not properly preview able in the MS Office Visio 2013

Your request has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50032) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi, we are testing Aspose.Diagram 2.1.0 and found some issues out:

1. The issue DIAGRAMJAVA-50033 is still actual.
2. There is a new issue which we observe - we can't move a shape in output file. We select and when try to move the shape on page, nothing happens, just unknown marker (which shown in unknown-marker.gif) is moved. If you ungroup a shape ("page border" or other) and group back then the shape become movable. Sample is attached.

Hi John,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We managed to replicate the problem shape movement. This issue has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50047 in our issue tracking system. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

OK, I’ll take note. Split this thread please. Thanks.

OneVizion_VENDOR:
OK, I'll take note. Split this thread please. Thanks.
Please refer to the following forum thread:
<a href="</a></div><div><br></div>
Hi John,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50033 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then these fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 3.0.0. Its release date is not final yet. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50033) have been fixed in this update.

Hi John,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50047 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 4.0.0. Its release date is not final yet. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50047) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50015) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 5.8.0.

(1)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.