Re: ASPOSE.SLIDES JAVA 15.6.0 is consuming lot of memory

I’m having issues too, a 3MB presentation seams to be using ~350MB.

I’m running Java 8 u45 on a Mac.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting.

I would like to request you to please make a new post for every separate issue that you face. I have split this thread on which you did comment and now your post is a separate post. I request you to please share the 3 MB file and the code which you are using to check the amount of memory used, so that I may investigate it on my end to help you out.

Best Regards,

I will attach the conversion class, given a command line parameter it will convert all non pdf files in the directory assuming they are powerpoint presentation.

Memory class was taken from another example that I found.

I also use JConcole also to check memory usage. The main reason the CheckLifeLikeFormat class has a Thread.sleep(10000); is so I can connect JConsole before execution starts.

System.out.print... is like that so I can easily import it as a cvs format into excel to share for project reports regarding current evaluation progress.

Last execution I got;

;file;timeLoadSecs;timeSaveSecs;timeTotalSecs;pages;fileSizeInput;fileSizeOutput;memoryUsedLoad;memoryUsedSave;

;LifeLikePresentation.ppt;24.287;31.198;55.485;5;2 MB;360 KB;245 MB;3 MB;

;LifeLikePresentation.pptx;10.112;25.443;35.555;5;205 KB;307 KB;29 MB;1 MB;

ppt, took 55 seconds and used 245MB to load and 3MB to save. I realise Memory isn't that accurate as it uses System.gc() which won't guarantee execution it just suggestions execution to the JVM. Also if a gc is done mix execution it might skew the results.

I usually put the same file in the directory multiple times and execute it so a long term average load pattern can be identified.

Files now attached, remove .txt from the java classes as that file extension can't be uploaded apparently.

Hi John,

We are investigating the issue reported by you and we will get back to you with our findings soon. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Best Regards,

I’ve tried Aspose.Slides 15.7.0 and memory usage has dramatically reduced but execution time is still a lot. I’ve attached the sample ppt i’ve been using LifeLikePresentation.ppt.

Hi John,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have been trying to reproduce the issue but we were unable to observe the specified issue in terms of memory. Please share your observations with respect to execution time so that we may investigate it on our end to help you out.

Best Regards,