Re: Can I get a more extensive test-account

This is a follow-up to your previous request #98 “Can I get a more extensive …”

In the previous issue you mentioned that I had to create new test-accounts, so that is what I did for the last two weeks. Unfortunately, this does not work correct, after 117 request at a new test-account I already get the following error:

[2013-01-04 15:24:53] request.CRITICAL: Saaspose\Exception\SaasposeException: Maximum number of API requests used. See Saaspose API History log for more info. (uncaught exception) at /vendor/saaspose/saaspose/src/Saaspose/Pdf/TextEditor.php line 80 [] []

The terms-of-use state the following:

3.2. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to The Company's services via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account's access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. The Company will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.

Could it be possible that I get blocked automatically because of the amount of requests? In my opinion, programmaticaly accessing it is the whole idea of an API, right?

Hi Richard,

Can you please further elaborate your requirement? Do you want to specify number of API requests for a specific App and get that App key blocked once it reaches the specified limit? Or, do you want to get your account blocked once you hit your plan limits?

Regarding new test-account issue (exception after 117 requests), we are investigating this issue. Can you please share your test account details (Login name)?

Best Regards,
Muhammad Ijaz
Support Developer, Saaspose Sialkot Team
http://www.saaspose.com

Well, the point is that it looks like the API isn’t that stable as we wished. I don’t mention changing the API key now and then, as proposed in the #98(https://forum.aspose.com/tickets/98) request, but every time we walk against new errors.

So, the idea behind a more extensive test-account should be that we can simulate a live environment before we start paying for your services.

Actually, the error as posted in the topic start could be a result of an IP block I think?

Hi Richard,

Your IP is not blocked. We will need your test-account name or email to further investigate this issue. You can log in at saaspose.com and select API History tab to check how many API calls you have made using your test-account.

Test account expires only if 100 documents are processed or 500 API calls are complete. You can also share your code to let us analyze why your API calls are more than the expected and suggest a better solution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Ijaz

Hi Richard,

I'm Venture Lead at Saaspose.

I've discussed with the team your requirement and I expect we'll come back with a better solution for your use-case which involves just 1 or 2 API call per document as opposed to 1 or 2 per page. In the long run that will be much better solution so stay tuned for that.

In the meantime if you like I can get you set-up on the Start-up Plan for 1 month to give you a bit more headroom for testing it out. However before I do that can you confirm what your time-scales are for moving from testing to production account and what you expect your live usage volumes to be?

I apologise for your troubles with the trial account limit - so far it's proved enough for all but a few customers and the workaround of having 2 trial accounts has worked for those few. Clearly there will be users from time to time who do need a bit more to help them test in confidence.

Thanks for trying Saaspose and I hope it can be really useful for you.

Best Regards,
Billy.

Hello Billy, thanks for your response. Please do not think that we are not willing to pay for your service, what we are trying to do is simulating an semi-live environment before we put everything live.

Our time-scale for going live actually was a month ago ;-) Because of the unpredictability of the Saaspose API we postponed it and continued developing other features. What I did now is that I've extended the Saaspose API so it throws errors if the service is unavailable / failing, and when that occurs the visitor gets the 'basic' upload process instead of the 'Saaspose-powered' upload proces.

Actually, I agree with you that the test-account is sufficient for most users. But for now, lets elaborate on our own live usage volumes.

We project on 15-20 visitors per month that really will start using the upload process. Those users are students that will upload their master-thesis in doc, docx or odt. The average amount of pages is 50. Here is our first problem, in 80% of the cases an upload limit of 1MB is sufficient, but in the other cases the filesize is around 6MB. We were hoping that we could find a long-term solution for the upload-limit for those 2-3 cases per month above 1MB.

So, after uploading we convert the document into a PDF in order to count the words per page, and to generate an image for each page. This is the most time-consuming and API-call-consuming part. What would be great are two things:

1) one function to get a .zip with images of every page
2) one function to get an array with the amount of words per page

Finally, if the document is converted we present the student an overview of all the pages. The student can select the pages it wants to get reviewed, whereafter we can instantly calculate the order price via the amount of words per page.

As you might know I've forked and improved the Saaspose PHP API. It now is easily usable in Symfony2 and other type of psr-0 compatible projects. When new features are introduced, please let me know, so I can update the API.

https://github.com/Rvanlaak/Saaspose.SDK-for-PHP

Hi Richard - thanks for the feedback and sorry it's taken me a few days to respond. Sounds like the best plan for you would be the Startup plan with only the file size limit causing an issue - usually it would be $10 to upgrade that to 10MB .. but what I can do is if you sign up to that plan is give a 50% on that component for 12 months.

Of course I imagine you'll want some better solution to page counting - I think we can confirm something concrete about that soon.

Can you just confirm the email address for the test account you are using and I'll have it set-up with a 1 month complimentary trial of Startup?

Hi Richard,

I would like to comment on your following concerns:

1) one function to get a .zip with images of every page
2) one function to get an array with the amount of words per page

Currently, page to image conversion is a separate one call operation and in order to convert multiple pages you need to make a call for each page. This is same for all document types at the moment. However, we'll add your requirement to convert all the pages to images in a single call and return a Zip file in our to-do-list. We'll update you when we introduce such a feature in future. We'll also log your requirement for returning number of words per page.

Thanks & Regards
Shahzad Latif
Saaspose Support Team.

Hello Billy, great to hear that the words-per-page-counting is progressing! The last thing would be images for all pages in a zip, or images for a selection of page in a zip. In that way we could breakup the image creation in blocks of 30 pages or so...

I'll inform the team about the 1st year discount and come back on that within a couple of days. To confirm my emailadress for the test account, that would be richard@scribbr.nl . Can you let the 1-month test account start from Februari 1 and onward? That is our planned go-live date...

Hi Richard,

Currently splitDocument resource consumes one API call to split each PDF page to an image and stores output images at the same location where input PDF is, so you need to download all output images separately. A new issue to return output image in a ZIP has been logged into our issue tracking system as SAASPDF-57.

An issue to support one function to get an array with the amount of words per page has been logged into our issue tracking system as SAASPDF-66. We will keep you updated on these issues in this thread.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Ijaz

Hi all, we had the functional meeting with the team and concluded that it is quite important (showstopper) for us to know when the words-per-page action is functional. Till the time SAASPDF-66 is implemented we will show the users the "simple" order process. This because we offer a price-per-word product.

No worries, this isn't a blame on you guys =) What we actually do want to know is the proximate date that the feature will be delivered, so we can plan the rest of our feature implementations around that. If I might suggest a date, we would appreciate if that would be before February 1.

Hi Richard,

We need to discuss this feature with our development team to get an idea when can we provide this feature. We'll update you with the results soon.

Thanks & Regards
Shahzad Latif
Saaspose Support Team.

Hello Shahzad, any clue about the delivery date of the features already? This would help us in planning our own delivery dates...

Hi Richard,

These features are in progress and we will let you know once our developers are in a position to share the ETA. However, (Ability to remove header/footer of a Word document) is implemented and is in testing phase.

Although SAASPDF-66 is the perfect feature for your requirement but once SAASWORDS-49 is live, you will be able to count number of words on all the pages using the following workflow:

• Remove header and footer of your Word documents
  • Convert output Word document to PDF
  • Use textItems resource of Saaspose.Pdf to extract all text items
  • Use PHP code to count number of words on each page. Response data returned by textItems resource contains text and page number so number of words on each page can be calculated.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Ijaz

Hi Muhammad, funny that you mention this workflow, because that precisely is the workflow I’m using at the moment. The problem is that the getTextItems() function of Saaspose.PDF does not return all words, as mentioned in issue #126(https://forum.aspose.com/tickets/126)

For now this is fine, we calculate the average words per page from page 3 and onward. That is why I’d like the 1month free test account, so I can confirm that this bug also is the case in our live-environment.

Hi Richard,

SAASWORDS-49 (Ability to remove header/footer of a Word document) was logged against your ticket # 83 where you had mentioned that you are deducting 8 words per page from the total.

I knew you were using this workaround to count the words and just wanted to inform that you can include one additional step (to remove headers and footers) to get more accurate result.

We will let you know as soon as we have any update from the development team on SAASPDF-66 and SAASPDF-57. In the meantime, you can keep using your workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Ijaz

Please take a look at my latest response on https://saaspose.zendesk.com/requests/126

Can you inform me about the 1-month free test-account Billy promised? We are production-ready now, so please send me the credentials of the account within two days :)

Hi Richard,

Your account with name ‘test’ and email ‘richard@scribbr.nl’ has been upgraded to Startup plan; please use this account and let us know if you still find any issue.

Also, ‘word count’ and ‘delete headers/footers of a Word document’ features will be live this Friday.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Ijaz