Re: Creating Postscript

I am using your example above to create a postscript file after performing a mail merge, but when I open the ps file, I recieve the following error
Started: Friday, June 06, 2014 at
13:38:41
Adobe PostScript software version:

CID support library initialization
completed.
Adobe PDF Settings file read error in
PDFX4 2008.joboptions:
/CheckCompliance out of range
Start Time: Friday, June 06, 2014 at
13:39:00
Source:psOutputFile.ps
Destination: C:\Users\fjdsfklj\Documents\New folder\Outfile.pdf
Adobe PDF Settings: C:\ProgramData\ Adobe\ Adobe PDF\ Settings\ Standard.joboptions

%%[ Error: rangecheck; OffendingCommand: show ]%%
A PostScript error: rangecheck is a very generic message
that seems to occur rather frequently. It indicates that the RIP tries to
process a value that is too small or large. This can, for instance, happen when
you accidentally ask for an output size that is larger than what the output
device supports.
I am using the default PsSaveOptions setting. Could you please tell me where I can get a description of each Ps setting option? Do you have any sample code (c#) using those options? What might cause the “CheckCompliance out of range” error? I noticed that when I saved the the output file as PDF, the file size is only 161KB and the Ps file size is 543KB.
I am using Aspose.Word 14.5 version.
Thanks!
Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10260. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Does the Postscript saveformat specify the LanguageLevel within the PS file? If not, can we specify it in the Postscript file?
Thanks!
Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid there is no option to specify language level in PostScript format; but, could you please share some more details about your requirement, we will check it further and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Please ignore my previous message. The language level is no longer required from my print shop.
Thanks!
Tiffany

I have also encountered this issue

Error: rangecheck

OFENDING COMMAND: show

I have included the offending postscript file - this file opens OK with GhostScript - but will not print -

Please could you include me in on the resolution - when in has been found.

Regards

Tony

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10260) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words 14.6.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. I hope, this helps.
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards,

Hi Awais

I have repeated the test with the version you have suggested -and I am still having the issue.

I have included a test case - unzip this into a folder and execute the exe file and it will create the ps file with the error. (Note although the document is only partially render - no license - it still exhibits the issue).

Many thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the additional information. I am afraid, I could still not reproduce this issue on my side. Here are the steps I performed on my end for testing:

1- Convert “BLANK Save App (2) form (Version 3 1).doc” to PostScript format with Aspose.Words for .NET 14.6.0 using the following code (see attached out.ps):

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"BLANK Save App(2) form(Version 3 1).doc ");
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out.ps");

2- Process this out.ps with Acrobat Distiller X version 10.1.245 and generate out.pdf (see attachment).

3- As can be seen in attached out.log, this document passes PDF/X-1a:2001 compliance checks.

Could you please list your steps here for our reference to be able to reproduce this issue on our end?
We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

I have no problem opening this ps file with the Ghost Script viewer, and I suspect that if I had Distiller - I would not have the problem - however when I send the document to a HP printer (HP LaserJet 4200 using the PS Class Driver or the Generic PS driver that comes with Windows 8.1) - I get this error.

I will try out your suggestion - which is to print the template without the mail merge, and additionally I will try and isolate the cause of the problem.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. Also, please provide complete details of the error message, we will look into it further and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

I have tried various ways to isolate this issue - and I have attached the best sample I have got.

I have included a word template, an image (screen clipping) of it in word and the rendered ps document in GhostScript viewer and I have included the post script file itself.

When the file is presented to the printer is results in a blank page and second page with

ERROR: rangecheck

OFFENDING COMMAND: show

This is all I can provide - I suspect but can’t prove it that the quotation marks (") and/or the parenthesis “)” and/or the apostrophe ’ are causing the issue.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the additional information. For the sake of any correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10425. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

I have done some further investigation with the use of the PS save feature and have experienced some other issues. The PS mark seems to bubbling out in to the document. The word documents attached only have to be opened as an Aspose Document and saved as a PS file to demonstrated the issue. I have also included to the PS documents that were created.

Hope this helps

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Tony:
I have done some further investigation with the use of the PS save feature and have experienced some other issues. The PS mark seems to bubbling out in to the document. The word documents attached only have to be opened as an Aspose Document and saved as a PS file to demonstrated the issue. I have also included to the PS documents that were created.

I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problems on my side. For the sake of corrections, I have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10522 (related to PSScript3 folder documents) and WORDSNET-10523 (related to PSScript4 folder documents). Acrobat Distiller produces garbage characters and overlapping content during converting Aspose.Words generated PostScript files to PDF. Our development team will further look into the details of these problems and we will keep you updated on the status of corrections. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10425) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10522;WORDSNET-10523) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

We are using the version Aspose.Word for Java 16.11.0. and we still have issues with printing Postscript on a printer. Ghostview or PDFcreator. As we send the created Postscript to a Kyocera printer, we got the following error: Yiwei
Error Name: /syntaxerror
Offending Command: endbfchar
Operand Stack:

Yiwei

We are using the version Aspose.Word for Java 16.11.0. and we still have issues with printing Postscript on a printer. Ghostview or PDFcreator. As we send the created Postscript to a Kyocera printer, we got the following error: Yiwei
Error Name: /syntaxerror
Offending Command: endbfchar
Operand Stack:

Yiwei