Re: Digital signature image in signature line created in Word 2007 are lost when converted to Pdf using Aspose

Has there been any movement on preserving word’s digital signatures when converting the *.docx to pdf?
The ability to generate a pdf as if the user converted the word document to pdf directly was the cheif reason that we purchased your product.
The only workaround we can think of is to have the user save the word document as a pdf their own machine. While this is more cumbersome, it may be the way we have to go. Doing so does, however, seem to remove the need for your product.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Would you like to preserve digital signature after converting document to PDF? If so, it is impossible because If convert the signed document to PDF and have the same digital signature attached automatically – this will invalidate the whole purpose of digital signatures. The thing is that the original author has not signed the resulting PDF. You basically cannot transfer a digital signature from one document to another. By the way, the next version of Aspose.Words, which comes out in 2-3 weeks will support digitally signing of PDF documents. So you will be able to sign your output PDF.
Or maybe you would like to just preserve content of signature line as an image. If so, I need your document to analyze the problem.
Best regards.

Alexy,
You raise interesting issue about the generation of the pdf. I did not realize that you would have to “reapply” the signature to the new pdf document, but figured that it would go with with original on the export. It makes sense why this would not be desired.
Does Aspose.Words offer the ability to insert a digital signature field into a document? I ask because I am now thinking that I can generate the document programmatically, and all the end user would need to do is open the document and add their signature before moving along through workflow. I would prefer if all of the digital signature fields were already in the document before approval started. Besides, once one digital signature has been signed, no other user can add a digital signature field anyway without removing the previous signatures.
Basically, I want to know if I can create something like the attached file. Can Aspose be used to create something like this?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, currently, there is no way to insert Signature Line into a document using Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10713) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(26)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1748) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(13)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4074) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(10)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2852;WORDSNET-656) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(29)