Re: Expected Performance for Aspose.Words- Aspose.Imaging- Aspose.Pdf to .tiff

Thank you for you previous responses as they have been very helpful in reducing the time and file sizes I am producing. I am now looking at converting pdf to tiff. I replicated the code from the Aspose documentation and a 6MB pdf converted to a 4GB tiff file. I have attached the file I am attempting to convert. The code is as follows:

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDoc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(MyDir + “InputDocument.pdf”);

//create Resolution object

Resolution resolution = new Resolution(200);

//create TiffSettings object

TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();

tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.None;

tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Default;

tiffSettings.Shape = ShapeType.Portait;

tiffSettings.SkipBlankPages = true;

//create TIFF device

TiffDevice tiffDevice = new TiffDevice(resolution, tiffSettings);

//convert a particular page and save the image to stream

tiffDevice.Process(pdfDoc, MyDir + “OutputDocument.tiff”);

larry.schreiber:
Thank you for you previous responses as they have been very helpful in reducing the time and file sizes I am producing. I am now looking at converting pdf to tiff. I replicated the code from the Aspose documentation and a 6MB pdf converted to a 4GB tiff file. I have attached the file I am attempting to convert. The code is as follows:
        Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDoc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(MyDir + "InputDocument.pdf");

//create Resolution object
        Resolution resolution = new Resolution(200);

//create TiffSettings object
        TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();
        tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.None;
        tiffSettings.Depth = ColorDepth.Default;
        tiffSettings.Shape = ShapeType.Portait;
        tiffSettings.SkipBlankPages = true;

//create TIFF device
        TiffDevice tiffDevice = new TiffDevice(resolution, tiffSettings);

//convert a particular page and save the image to stream
        tiffDevice.Process(pdfDoc, MyDir + "OutputDocument.tiff");</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Larry,</font><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2">Thanks for using our API's.</font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"> I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue. I have also observed that once the process is completed, System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException is also being generated. For the sake of correction, I have separately logged these problems in our issue tracking system. </font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div><ul><li><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>PDFNEWNET-39196 </b>- PDF to TIFF conversion produces excpetion.</font></li><li><font face="Arial" size="2"><b>PDFNEWNET-39197 </b>- PDF to TIFF conversion produces large size output</font></li></ul></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2">We will further look into the details of these issues and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.</font></div>