We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Re: FillField crashing on on PDFs created in Adobe LifeCycle

I’m having a very similar issue using Aspose.Pdf.InteractiveFeatures.Forms. Except there, I only get the “topmostSubform[0]” portion as a field name. Can I assume this is a related issue?

Hi Lee,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

Please share your template PDF file and sample code to help us replicate your issue at our end. This will help us identify whether this is the same issue or different then the above issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Attached is the code I was using that appears to have a problem with Adobe LiveCycle documents. I’ve also attached two example PDFs, both acquired from the IRS web site.

Hi Lee,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample application and template files.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-32679. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against your reported issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your patience. We have further investigated this issue and have observed that Both pdf documents have the same form structure i.e. one root group field with the name topmostSubform[0]. This group field has other group fields and only the last has common fields. Please pay attention that both forms are standard. So in order to process group field user must look into (recursively) all its children. However in your code, you are simply getting the field info and don’t consider if this field join other fields. In order to get all fields function GetFields can be changed onto:

Private Sub GetFields(ByVal fld As Field, ByRef lstFormFields As List(Of CNGPdfFormField))
If (fld.IsGroup) Then
For Each child As Field In fld
GetFields(child, lstFormFields)
Next
Else
Dim FormField As CNGPdfFormField
FormField.Type = GetCNGFieldType(fld)
If FormField.Type <> CNGPdfFieldType.PushButton And _
FormField.Type <> CNGPdfFieldType.SignatureField Then
FormField.Name = fld.FullName
FormField.Value = fld.Value
lstFormFields.Add(FormField)
End If
End If
End Sub

Public Sub GetFields(ByRef lstFormFields As List(Of CNGPdfFormField))
For Each fld As Field In PdfDoc.Form
GetFields(fld, lstFormFields)
Next
End Sub

Certainly several code lines must be also adjusted because function GetFields turned to procedure.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-32679) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.