Re: How to work with groupShape

i have a question about this function.

when i using your code to inserting shapes, then open the doc in word,select a shape, the context menu will be like this.

this context menu is diff from a word original shape which using word to insert.

why has these different? thanks

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, the links you mentioned are not working on my end. I have generated a word document using Vladimir’s code above and attached it here for your reference. Please also see attached screenshot taken from MS Word 2013. Please provide following information to further understand your scenario:

1- Aspose.Words 15.7.0 generated output document which shows the undesired behavior
2- Your expected document which shows the correct output. Please create this document using Microsoft Word application.

Best regards,

please see the below picture.

diff context menu

i just want to knowing why shapes in diff document has diff context menu.

i use office word2013 and aspose 15.7

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for the additional information. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. We have logged this requirement in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12270. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Pyntia,

Thanks for being patient. Currently, Aspose.Words allows inserting DrawingML-based graphics via DocumentBuilder, namely InsertImage and InsertChart. However, operations on the document tree do not support DML just yet. Can you please elaborate your usecase in detail? What do you want to achieve in the end? Obviously empty shape does not seem to be the the final goal. Please provide complete details of your requirement which will definitely help us understand your scenario better and address it accordingly.

Best regards,

Hi Pyntia,

Regarding WORDSNET-12270, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-12270) has now been closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution.

Best regards,