Re: JPG->TIF conversion

Actually we abandon the usage of aspose. The exact application of your code doesnt work.

If we do something much simpler, with the last realease of Imaging dll with no compression and default options with jpg in attachement as source file, we obtain tif in attachement as destination file. It is easy to see that many tools (visualisation in windows, paint.net etc) canot open the resulting tif file and with the gimp, the ending of image is not displayed ( black band at the end) even the size seems good.

Image2Transform = Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load("IAExplorer.JPG");
Aspose.Imaging.ImageOptions.TiffOptions options = new Aspose.Imaging.ImageOptions.TiffOptions();
options.Photometric = Aspose.Imaging.FileFormats.Tiff.Enums.TiffPhotometrics.MinIsBlack;
Image2Transform.Save("[.JPG to .TIF] IAExplorer_0.tif", options);

Hi Xavier,

Thank you for writing back.

I have tested your sample and I am able to produce the correct results with Aspose.Imaging for .NET v1.6.0. Please note, if you are converting the Jpeg image to Tiff without any compression then you can simply pass a new instance of TiffOptions to Image.Save method. Below is the sample code and attached is my output that can be opened using the Windows Photo Viewer.

C#

using (Aspose.Imaging.Image image = Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(“IAExplorer.JPG”))
{
var saveOptions = new Aspose.Imaging.ImageOptions.TiffOptions();
image.Save(“output.tiff”, saveOptions);
}

If I have misunderstood your inquiry then please elaborate your question so I may assist you appropriately.

Regards,

We are also facing the same issue for much simpler task i.e. JPEG to TIFF conversion doesn't work on Windows XP.

Eventhough the converted file shows .tiff extension but when opened in MS Paint it gives an error. Also, the tiff generated is not recognised by other Utilities.

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check my reply here against your other query. Moreover, as I already mentioned XP is not supporting all the extensions of tiff image. You can use some other image utilities for the purpose e.g. Irfanview. Can you please mention utility not supporting resultant tiff image, other than XP native utilities? So we will test it and will provide you more information.

Best Regards,