Re: Metafile Images Missing PDF- Flash and XPS

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.Words .NET using a free dowonload copy of the software. One of the things I need to do is convert RTF files to PDF files. In my testing, everything looks good except that the RTF images are not displayed in the generated PDF.

I believe that I am using version 16.1.0. So it should have the fix for 6599. Also, I tried the suggested write around of setting the MetaFileRenderingMode to BitMap and the images are still not displayed in the PDF.

My code is:

Document doc = new Document(@“C:\input.rtf”);

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOoptions = new PdfSaveOptions(); pdfSaveOoptions.MetafileRenderingOptions.RenderingMode = MetafileRenderingMode.Bitmap;

doc.Save(@“C:\output.pdf”, pdfSaveOoptions);

My input file is attached.

Thank you,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. If you convert your document to Pdf using MS Word, you will get the same output.

However, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13102. You will be notified via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Regarding converting an RTF file to PDF in MS Word (via Save As), you are correct in that the metafile images are also missing in the PDF generated by Word.

Was it always the case that Aspose.Words didn’t include the metafile images when converting from RTF to PDF? The reason I ask is that I seen on this forum (same subject thread as this one, Post 400517 in reply to 400463) a message that seems to indicate that this had worked at one point in time. I realize that post was from a couple years ago and things may have changed.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. This means that Aspose.Words generate the same output as generated by MS Word. In this case, the behavior of Aspose.Words is correct.

However, we noticed that Aspose.Words does not generate the correct output if Rtf is saved to Doc/Docx. The images are missing in output Doc/Docx. First, our product team will check this issue and then look into Pdf rendering issue. We will let you know if there is any possibility to render such images in output Pdf.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13102) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.