Re: Multipage TIFF Files

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGING-33193;IMAGING-31979) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
babar.raza:
Hi Richard,
Our intention is to provide this feature with our upcoming release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET v1.5.0. This release is scheduled for the the first quarter of the following month (April).

Do you have an ETA for V1.5? The above indicated April, its almost the second week of May...

Will the publishing of V1.5 be posted to this thread so I will know when it is available without having to check the site on an ongoing basis?

Hi Richard,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

We had to reschedule the release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET v1.5.0 due to some technical reasons. This version is in the testing phase at the moment and I hope it will be published in the upcoming week.

If you like to get notified automatically, I would suggest you to please create a thread of your own so I may attach to it the appropriate ticket from our bug tracking system. Doing so will enable you to get notified once the said release is available for public use.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I also have a need to be able to iterate over a multi-page TIFF and save each page as a separate image in another format (i.e. JPG). Is there any projected date for resolving this thread?

Hi,

We have just published Aspose.Imaging for .NET v1.5.0. With this release we have provided the extensive support for Tiff image format. Please go through the release notes on the link shared by the aspose.notifier.

To find out the number of pages/frames for a given multi-paged Tiff image, please use the code as given below,

C#

TiffImage image = (TiffImage)Image.Load(currentpath + “multipaged.tif”);
Console.WriteLine(image.Frames.Length);

To save each page/frame of a given multi-paged Tiff image to Jpeg format, please check the below code snippet. Please note that we are first making a copy of original image before processing it further. The reason for this extra step is, with current architecture of Aspose.Imaging for .NET component the original image gets altered. We have identified this issue and we are currently working to change this behaviour. Hopefully with next release (not promised) we will be able to resolve this problem.

C#
//Create a copy of original image to avoid any alteration File.Copy(currentpath + "multipaged.tif", currentpath + "copy.tif", true);
//Create an instance of TiffImage and load an existing image using (TiffImage multiImage = (TiffImage)Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(currentpath + "copy.tif")) { //Create an instance of int to keep track of frames in TiffImage int frameCounter = 0; //Iterate over the TiffFrames in TiffImage foreach (TiffFrame tiffFrame in multiImage.Frames) { multiImage.ActiveFrame = tiffFrame; //Load Pixels of TiffFrame into an array of Colors Color[] pixels = multiImage.LoadPixels(tiffFrame.Bounds); //Create an instance of JpegCreateOptions var JpgCreateOptions = new Aspose.Imaging.CreateOptions.JpegCreateOptions(); //Set Width and Height of JpegCreateOptions to Width and Height of TiffFrame JpgCreateOptions.Width = tiffFrame.Width; JpgCreateOptions.Height = tiffFrame.Height; //Set the Source of JpegCreateOptions as FileCreateSource by specifing the location where output will be saved JpgCreateOptions.Source = new FileCreateSource(string.Format("{0}\\Concat{1}.jpeg", currentpath, frameCounter), false); //Create a new JpegImage using (var JpgImage = (Aspose.Imaging.FileFormats.Jpeg.JpegImage)Image.Create(JpgCreateOptions)) { //Save the JpegImage with pixels from TiffFrame JpgImage.SavePixels(tiffFrame.Bounds, pixels); } frameCounter++; } }

In case you need further help, please feel free to write back.
Thank you for your patience.
Regards,

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.

We are planning to provide the support for multi page Tiff format with our upcoming release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET v1.5.0. Said release is scheduled for the first quarter of the following month (April).

Regards,

Will this thread be updated when the new version is available for download?