Re: Support for 2008R2 / 2012

Do we have a timeframe on support for Aspose.PDF for reporting services with SQL Reporting Services 2012?

And can you confirm that the Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Word are already SQL 2012 compliant.?

Hi Bevan,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

We have not yet completed the testing of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services with SQL Reporting Services 2012. However for the sake of investigation, we already have logged it as PDFREP-33222 in our issue tracking system. The development team is investigating this requirement and as soon we have made some significant progress, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

I am pleased to inform that the product already supports SSRS 2008 R2 and SSRS 2012, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsreportingservices/System+Requirements

Thank you.

Hi Bevan,

I am a representative of Aspose.Words team.

Thanks for your inquiry. I like to share with you that Aspose.Words for Reporting Services supports the SSRS 2008 R2 and SSRS 2012. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.8.0.

Thank you.

Thanks for all the updates. If you can advise on any progress, it would be appreciated as Aspose.PDF is our main requirement. Cheers!

Hi Bevan,

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.We are in coordination with our development team for your requirements and will update you soon about the solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Hi Bevan,

I have further discussed with the requirement with development team and I am pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services supports SQL Reporting Services 2012. Please note that Aspose.Pdf Rendering Extension supports three platforms i.e. ReportViewer control, Business Intelligent Studio (or Data Tools ) and Reporting Services service. The configuration specified below is related to Business Intelligent Studio (now it is called SQL Server Data Tools) that comes with MS SQL 2012. This studio is based on VisualStudio 2010 platform.

Please note that in order to enable Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services export extension in SQL Server Business Intelligent Studio, you have to run install on system where Business Intelligence Studio is installed. If installation fails then follow this steps to install it manually.

Current version of automatic installer does not supports SQL Server Data Tools (VS 2010).
To enable Aspose PDF for RS extension in SQL Server Data Tools (VS 2010) you need to do steps described here and add this:

<dependentAssembly><o:p></o:p>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore" publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91" culture="neutral"/>

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="10.0.0.0" newVersion="11.0.0.0"/>

</dependentAssembly>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces" publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91" culture="neutral"/>

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="10.0.0.0" newVersion="11.0.0.0"/>

</dependentAssembly>

to tag of PreviewProcessingService.exe.config file from VisualStudio’s PrivateAssemblies path. In case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi there,

Unfortunately we have tried a report with a table and there seems to be an issue with the columns overlapping or not correctly laid out when selecting PDF via Aspose.Pdf

Our server is running SSRS2012 and we are using Aspose PDF ext v2.5.0. Is there a latter version available.

When outputting to standard PDF it works. I have a copy of the RDL and both outputs. Is there a way I can email or post these to you?

If this is an issue with the latest version, what would be the time-frame for resolution?

Thanks.

Hi Bevan,

Thanks for using our products.

We are currently testing the upcoming release version of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.5.1 which is planned to release in few days. It also contains resolution for similar issues. May be you can wait for the new release version and in case you still face the same issues, you may share the source .RDL and resultant output so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

PS, You may share the source files within this forum thread using File Attachment button present at the bottom of TextBox when writing a reply.

Sorry, not sure how I missed the file attachment section.

I've attached a copy of a report with both outputs to standard PDF and Aspose PDF. The report should work with any dataset.

We will re-test once the new version is released.

Thanks

Hi Bevan,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I am testing this scenario over my end and will keep you posted with my findings.

Hi Bevan,

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce formatting issues when using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.5.1. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-33255. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi there,

Are you able to advise on a proposed release date which would include the correction? We have a dependent project so we can then try to plan around the date.

Thanks,

Bevan

Hi Bevan,

As we recently have been able to notice/replicate this issue at our end so I am afraid its pretty difficult to share the ETA regarding its resolution at this point of time. Nevertheless, as soon as we have made significant progress towards its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.