We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Re: v11.9 Document.Save is slow

What’s the status of this issue? I’m testing version 14.6.0.0 and having similar issues.

Save function of word takes more than 3 hours for 1mb file.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue WORDSNET-7242 resolved in November 2013 release.

Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hello Tahir,

I’ve attached a snippet of my code that generates the word report.
You’ll notice in the attached file that the report is to display all users by querying the database, which will result in over 10,000 users…

My logic is a basic Aspose word report logic that uses DocumentBuilder to write to the document in a table format.

I’ve noticed that the insertion of images will slow the “CreateDoc()” function when it loops through 10000 users and found out that if I comment the line out, the process is in seconds, however, the doc.Save takes over 2-3 hours still.

Please let me know how I can approach this in finding a resolution.

thanks

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. I suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.7.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please create a standalone/runnable simple application (for example a Console Application Project) that demonstrates the code (Aspose.Words code) you used to generate your output document. Unfortunately, I am unable to execute the shared code. As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

I have updated to the latest version to no avail. The issue is saving a document that contains lot of pages. Below is a brief test I’ve done with the test application (attached is the code for Form1.cs).

It took over 1 minutes for 1000 rows and over 15 minutes of 3000 rows… Imagine 10,000 rows. This is the number of users I’ve been trying to report.

Any suggestion on how I can speed up the .SAVE function?

thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1000 rows:

START
FINISH PROCESSING time : {0}00:00:27.7968640
Start SAVE
Finish Save time : {0}00:01:41.6309918

3000 rows: This contains 121 pages.

START
FINISH PROCESSING time : {0}00:01:45.5390837
Start SAVE
The thread 0x1e4c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Finish Save time : {0}00:16:58.1920777

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10658. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Tahir,

this issue is a highly visible to our customer and anxious to get it resolved (you must hear this a lot, but, still have to ask :)).
What is the turn around time to get this resolved?

thanks
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. An issue first needs to be investigated to find the exact source of problem and then we investigate the best possible way to fix the issue. Once the issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you more information on estimates. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10658) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan