Re: When exporting a PDF to PPTX, images blurry and low quality

Ticket is PDFJAVA-36666

Regardless of PDF image quality or size, when using the export to PPTX functionality all images smaller than the majority of the slide’s page size lose resolution and become fuzzy.

We have a site license, but I didn’t see a way to get to the non-Free support Forums from the new page.

Please let me know if a fix is coming shortly, or if not what options I have to get this ticket escalated ASAP.
Thanks,
Ted

@tedm

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue is not resolved yet as there were other pending issues in the queue which were logged prior to yours and product team has been busy in resolving them.

Usually the issues logged under Priority/Enterprise Support, have priority above the issues which are logged under Normal/Free Support model. Furthermore, please note that, Enterprise/Priority Support Model does not guarantee any immediate solution but it expedites the process of the investigation of the issue.

For more information regarding Enterprise/Priority Support, please visit “Support FAQs” on our website. As far as above logged issue is concerned, we will let you know once we have some definite updates regarding its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

In addition to defaulting to fuzzy images, none of the Document.OptimizationOptions make the images better:

• setResizeImages(false) doesn’t work, images are still resized
  • setImageQuality(100) doesn’t work, images are still significantly lower quality than the pdf
  • setCompressImages(false) doesn’t have any effect
  • setMaxResolution(Integer.MAX_VALUE) has no effect

And we have no way of debugging or patching the code because it is obfuscated. This problem was submitted back in April (When exporting a PDF to PPTX- images blurry and low quality), and we are unable to deliver pptx to our clients due to low quality. We paid for this software with the understanding that it would produce good quality powerpoint from PDFs. So far, that has not been the experience.

@robertwhiting

Please note that there are other pending issues in the queue which were reported prior to your issue and product team has been busy in resolving them. We do realize the severity of the issue and for that, we have recorded your concerns and intimated the relevant team about them. We are sure that they will plan an investigation against your issue soon, as per their development schedule.

We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Is there any update to this issue? We would still like to use Aspose.PDF to deliver pptx presentations to our clients, but we are still blocked by the low quality images.

@wshumway

I regret to share that logged issue is not yet resolved due to other high priority issues in the queue. However, we have raised the priority of the issue and escalated it to next level. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding resolution ETA, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

Is there any update on this? … Also, I am getting this issue using the Cloud.

Regards,
Deepak Sah…

@sahdeep

In case you are using our Cloud API, we request you to please report your issue in respective forum so that it can be addressed under related category.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-36666) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 21.4.