Read / Write - Update Extended Attributes

Hi Sergey,

Some preliminary testing with Primavera ...

I've spent a while testing the Primavera 2003 files ...I can see some of the errors showing up in the Primavera XML files (calculation of hours per month, calculation of hours per year, missing dates (like early finish date or latestartdate...)

However, I have started testing with files created with 2007. These seem to be working... very strange.. some without any changes...

There are very few changes between the MS Project XML 2003 and the MS Project XML 2007 (I think you have the source primavera files I'm using ... so you can do a file compare between 2003 and 2007 (for example Workshop 16 imports from 2007 w/o problems (should have tested this earlier). The main difference (as far as I can see) is the use of GUIDs..

Is there a way to set the number? (using the ProjectWriter?)

More to follow as I continue to dig into this ...

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Yes, you can get some differences in data when you use xml formed by MSP2003 in MSP2007. As I have said before in some cases MSP2007 can not recalculate the project at all. And the same is true for MSP 2010…

I think it is because of some missed values (new for MSP2007/2010), but more deep analysis is required. And I think that the less data you provide in the xml the more differences you will get.

You can use Project’s SaveVersion get/set property to read or set the value. It is a new field for MSP 2007 (but not optional!!!). For MSP 2007 it has to be equal ‘12’, for MSP 2010 the value is ‘14’. For previous versions we are using ‘0’ value.

Hi Sergey,

Excellent!! I somehow missed SaveVersion ... When this is set to 12 or 14 will you ensure that the saved xml is written to the SaveVersion XSD?

I have a small favour again ... a while back Aspose helped set the New File xml files for me ... I was wondering if these could be checked again to ensure that they reflect what we have learned so far about the minimal source file with settings ... (these may be like the mpt). I have attached the 2003 and 2007 files and would appreciate a quick check (that they read ok and have what you would expect Task UID = 0 and Resource UID = 0, EADs, etc). (if possible a 2010 version).

I'll then ensure that I use these in all tests in the future so we have stable starting points.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards, Bruce

Hi Sergey,

If the harborpoint example is removed, this topic / post can be open. I did not create the example so felt it should be kept confidential.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You can edit the message with the sample and remove the attachment. After I can make the thread Public.

I can not edit your messages:)

Hi Sergey,

Many thanks ... sample has been removed.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

The forum thread status has been updated to Public.

Hi Bruce,

I have updated your templates. You can find them in the attachment.

Hi Sergey,

Many thanks!!!

I'll rerun some of the tests with these and let you know if there are any changes. Rather than using the minimum version XML as starting point, I'll allow the user to specify the xml version to create if new.

Regards, Bruce

Hi Sergey,

I did a quick file compare between the 2003 and the 2007 files you returned... There is an extra calendar in the file (UID = 2) with a title:

Стандартный

Could you translate for me? Is it necesary in the minimum XML?

Also, I have noticed that the decimal numbers in some of the fields look like 0,00. This number looks like a culture aware number rather than a strict decimal number 0.00. Are these numbers supposed to be 'culture' aware numbers or culture invariant numbers.

I'm not sure what language Aspose.Tasks is written in ... however, in VB.NET. I've learned the hard way that CSTR() is not the same as STR(). CSTR is culture aware and STR is culture invariant (and adds a space in front for the +- sign). I've had some very strange consequences as a result of the culture aware numbers rather than the culture invariant numbers.

Could you confirm whether they are culture aware numbers? (and 0,00 is ok in the xml).

Regards, Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I have missed the values… It is a second ‘Standard’ Calendar we were looking for. But it is a culture dependent.

The problem is only with MSP 2007 as currently I have a Russian edition only, MSP 2003/2010 are English.

I think you can have problems with the decimal values as well. I will need some time to reinstall MSP 2007 English version back. Don’t use mpp and xml for MSP 2007 as they are Russian culture specific.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi Bruce,

See updated files in the attachment (MSP 2007 only).

Because of my error we know what is it a Calendar with UID=2 now.

Sorry for the error again.

Hi Bruce,

Some updates.

We have updated Baseline data processing. Now we have three different types of Baselines: Baseline, TaskBaseline (too old types) and one new – AssignmentBaseline. It is in according to Baseline Element | Microsoft Learn (see baseline child element for resource, task and assignment correspondently). I have attached 3 project MPP files for MSP2003/2007/2010 with the same project data and 3 baselines (baseline, baseline1 and baseline8) and 3 xml created from them using MSP. All is OK for MSP2003/2010 but for MSP2007 I have got some differences…

The baseline xml data in MSP 2007 xml looks like

0 PT104H0M0S PT144H0M0S PT168H0M0S 106000 146000 170000

instead of expected (and as it is in MSP2003/2010):

0 PT104H0M0S 106000 1 PT144H0M0S 146000 8 PT168H0M0S 170000

In this case Aspose.Tasks can read only the first baseline information. And MSP reads only the first one too. I have checked the issue with two different MSP2007 versions but had the same results. As this part of the xml does not correspond MSP xml format description I am looking for some MSP 2007 update where the issue was fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14081) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.