Reading 2D barcodes from a scanned PDF

OK, I'm at my wits end... I have tried every example that I have found on this forum, site and the documentation provided with the product. I NEED this to work before my company lays down the cash to buy this...

First, I generated a 2D QR barcode with the Aspose.Barcode control (V5.0) and saved it as a BMP image. Then I printed the image on a regular 8.5x11 piece of paper. After that, I turned around and scanned the image back in as a PDF. (this is a requirement of the project that I am working on) Now, I can't get the Aspose.BarCodeRecognition control to recognize the barcode image. Again, I feel like I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work!

Is there a trick that I am missing? The SetHints() method is not there anymore (a V5 thing?) and the ThresholdHints object doesn't seem to exist either.

Help!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I would like to add that Aspose.BarCode for .NET provides better and faster barcode recognition using image processing techniques and it’s latest version contains the support to rotate barcode manually and then perform the recognition. MedianSmoothing removes the noise from the image while preserving the image edges. Please visit documentation links below:

If you’ve tried these techniques then please share input documents here in this thread. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah, I've tried all of these techniques (and more), to no avail...

The frustrating thing is that on your evaluation page:

http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.barcode/csharp/barcode-reader/read-from-pdf.aspx

...I can upload one of the scanned PDF documents (attached) and it reads the contents of the QR code just fine. But when I attempt to read it with my code, nothing happens.

Can YOU read the attached document?

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing the sample documents.

I have tested your provided samples against the latest build of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v5.0.0. I regretfully inform you that the latest version was unable to to recognize the barcodes from your samples. This problem has been logged in our bug tracking system under ticket Id BARCODENET-33322. We will soon investigate the cause of recognition failure and share our results here. Also, you will be notified once the fix for your problem is available for public use.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

I too am having trouble reading barcodes. I have tried several different examples from your website, just like Jeff, and NOTHING works.

I even went so far as to magnify the barcode to 300dpi and sharpen it up, thinking that perhaps it was an issue with resolution or something.

I would be happy to provide code and sample images

Hi Kevon,

Thanks for the inquiry. Could you please share input document? We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Jeff,

Good news for you is BARCODENET-33322 has now been resolved and it's fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode (v5.1.0). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33322) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.