Reading bookmark content in table columns return incorrect content using .NET

Hi There;

I am having issues with reading bookmarks inside word tables through Aspose.Words.

While Word supports selecting and bookmarking a range of cells in a table ie:

A B C D
E F G H
I J K L
M N O P

Using Aspose to read the bookmark locations for the above selected range places the bookmark start in the cell with ‘E’ and the bookmark end in the cell with ‘M’ (I would’ve expected them in cell ‘F’ and ‘K’.

This would be fine if I could retrieve the actual column that the bookmark start or end was actually referring to, but it seems like a limitation of the Aspose model.

Is there any way I can correctly resolve the bookmark start and end locations?

Regards,
Simon

@simonm

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

As a workaround, you can try using two bookmarks instead of one. In this case, you should insert one bookmark in the first cell of range and the second in the last cell of range.

Please let me know when this issue is resolved. Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. We will keep you informed regarding its status and immediately let you know once it is resolved. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-721) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3297) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.3 update.

@umair

Starting from Aspose.Words 18.9, the bookmarks are allowed on block, cell, and row levels. In the previous versions, bookmarks were moved into the next nearest paragraph on document loading. Now, on reading/saving DOCX, DOC, WML documents, bookmarks preserve their positions in document node structure.