Reading Large/Complex Files

I'm processing a large number of files consecutively and hit a snag. When processing large or complex files Aspose can take a considerable amount of time to load the workbook into memory, is there any way I can force Aspose to timeout if opening a file exceeds some limit.

Hi,

Can you please share with us what platform (JAVA/.NET) are you using? So we may provide you an appropriate solution or workaround for your problem.

Thank you.

We’re using .net

Hi Kevin,

I am afraid, right now we do not have a method for your need. If you just need the Data and Formulae from your spreadsheets then we suggest you to use LoadOptions with LoadDataOnly. By loading only the Data from Workbook to memory will definitely increase the performance.

But if this does not fulfil your requirement then we will log this feature as “Requested Feature” in our System and provide you an implementation in our future release.

Thank you

I’ve already looked into LoadDataOnly, this is not viable as I need additional data from the workbook.

Could you add it to your “Requested Feature”

Hi again,

I have logged your request in our System under Ticket ID CELLSNET-28457. First we will analyse this requirement then we can share the time lines for it’s implementation. Meanwhile, if we find any other workaround for your problem we will let you know here.