Reading line by line

Hello,

I’m evaluating Aspose.Cells and I would like to know if it is possible to read an excel file line by line without loading the whole file into the memory. I may have some big file to read in the future and I would like to avoid loading it in memory when I want only to read the file.

Best regards,
Cédric

Hi Cédric,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, we always work to enhance the performance of the component. Aspose.Cells can load and save huge file (in MBs size) without any problem and without taking much time. It can load/save the file in quick time better than its competitors.

And I think if you want need only data and want to work with it you may use Workbook.LoadData() method. This method only loads data , formulas and formattings from an Excel file. Other contents and settings are all discarded. It runs faster and utilize less memory than Workbook.Open() method so it's better to be used for applications which only need to process data in Excel file.

Thank you.

Thanks for this advice about LoadData, I will try it asap.
I always think It could be a good idea to include a function that allow to read a Excel file line by line without loading the whole file. I don’t know if it’s possible. Even if your component are well optimized, huge Excel file loaded take a lot of memory (tested with a 80 MB file).

Best regards,
Cédric