We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Reading PageCount causes Shape to be transformed in Frame in docx file

Hi,

I have a strange phenomenon. I have a docx file that contains a TextBox which is a shape. Now if I load this file via Aspose, access the PageCount property, then save the file, the Shape is transformed into an Frame, like one used to find in doc files.

On the other hand, if I don’t access the pageCount, the Shape isn’t transformed during the save. Aspose.Words version is 15.2.

and the attached test project.

Thanks,

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

We managed to reproduce this issue using the latest version and it has been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11598. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Best Regards,

Thanks Muhammad!

Hi Muhammad,

What’s the status of this bug?

Thanks,

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our product team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, keeping in view the complexity of this issue, the implementation of the fix has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Ok, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Christophe

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11598) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, doesn’t look like it’s fixed. I downloaded Aspose 15.11, ran my test program which I haved attached in the first post of this thread, and the shape still gets transformed into a text box.

Hi Christophe,

Sorry, I was not able to reproduce the issue using Aspose.Words for .NET 15.11.0. Your application was used to test the issue. 'Read Page Count' checkbox was selected when I clicked 'Process' button and Document.PageCount was also called.

Can you please remove all references to Aspose.Words from your application, clean the solution and then add reference to Aspose.Words for .NET 15.11.0 again and test?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, sorry, you are correct, I still had references to the old version of Aspose.Words in my project. After updating the references to Aspose.Words v 15.11, it works.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi Christophe,

Good to know that the issue has been resolved and thanks for the confirmation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I have another file where the problem occurs. I’ve created another test application with the test file. I checked the Aspose version, and it’s 15.11, so it seems there are still issues in that Aspose version.

Can you have a look at this?

Thanks

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 15.12.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-13055. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thanks Awais!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13055) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.