Reading Primavera XML files without WBS nodes?

Primavera allows users to export multiple projects into one xml file when exporting to P6XML but as far as I can tell Aspose Tasks cannot read an xml file that contains multiple projects. Am I right in thinking this (I receive a NullReferenceException when trying to initialise a new Project object with the stream of the P6XML file) or is there a different way to read XML files with multiple project definitions?

Further investigation shows that it may not be to do with exporting multiple projects to one file but that there are bugs when reading a P6XML file. The stack trace shows the following which doesn’t really help unfortunately:

at ​ .Alg(Task , Int32 )
at Aspose.Tasks.Util.TaskUtils.Apply(Task root, ITreeAlgorithm`1 alg, Int32 level)
at Aspose.Tasks.Project.()
at ​ .()
at ​ . (XmlElement , Object , String& )
at ​ .()
at .(Stream )
at Aspose.Tasks.Project.(Stream )

It looks like this could be related to WBS nodes, or a lack thereof.

The simple project I created for testing just has a couple of activities and I didn’t add any WBS nodes; when I added a WBS node and set the activities to be within that node, the project then reads ok. Looking at the xml file that errors I notice that the activities have:

where the xml file that is ok has:

So my guess would be that, looking at the stack trace from my previous post, the parser is passing in the WBSObjectId value and trying to convert it to an integer which is throwing an error as this scenario is not handled?

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please share
your sample Primavera XML file with us so that we can investigate this
issue at our end and assist you further.

Here’s a link to the xml file that errors:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31QCWOzBz6yZVBUaDhfdW5Vb3M/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

We are working over this query and will soon share our feedback here with you.

Hi,

Could you please confirm to us if this sample file opens fine in Primavera at your end? We tried opening this file in Primavera P6 R8.3 and it was unable to open this specific file. The error log is as follow:

Error Log:

com.primavera.integration.client.ClientException: Fatal error: null
at com.primavera.integration.client.Session.a(Session.java:379)
at com.primavera.integration.client.Session.login(Session.java:339)
at com.primavera.integration.app.importexport.ImportExportAction.b(ImportExportAction.java:172)
at com.primavera.integration.app.importexport.ImportExportMain.main(ImportExportMain.java:33)
Original Exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.primavera.bo.datacaches.ServerUserPrivsCache.getServerUserPrivsCache(ServerUserPrivsCache.java:765)
at com.primavera.bo.common.b.a(LoginHelper.java:360)
at com.primavera.bo.common.b.a(LoginHelper.java:166)
at com.primavera.bo.remotable.SessionLifetime.login(SessionLifetime.java:57)
at com.primavera.bo.remotable.qproxy.SessionLifetime.login(SessionLifetime.java:76)
at com.primavera.bo.DBSessionLifetime.login(DBSessionLifetime.java:26)
at com.primavera.integration.server.ServerFacadeBase.login(ServerFacadeBase.java:411)
at com.primavera.integration.server.ServerFacade.login(ServerFacade.java:11)
at com.primavera.integration.client.LocalSession.login(LocalSession.java:92)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.primavera.integration.client.Session.a(Session.java:351)
at com.primavera.integration.client.Session.login(Session.java:339)
at com.primavera.integration.app.importexport.ImportExportAction.b(ImportExportAction.java:172)
at com.primavera.integration.app.importexport.ImportExportMain.main(ImportExportMain.java:33)

I’m able to open the file with no errors in Primavera P6 R8.4, I don’t have an install of 8.3 so I can’t check with that version.

Hi,

Could you please help us locate this version of Primaver P6 R8.4 for downloading? We need to test this issue with the latest version of the API and share our feedback with you.

The following link has downloads for 8.4 as well as the brand new version 15:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/apps-tech/primavera-093289.html

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link. We are in process of setting up this new environment and shall soon share our feedback here with you.

Hi,

We have further investigated this issue at our end and it has been logged as TASKS-34239 in our bug tracking system for further investigation by our product team. We shall write back here to you once there is some information available about this problem.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-34239) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.