Reading Voting Button response (Tracking)

Hello,

I am doing a POC where I would like to programmatically read the responses from recipients as a result of Voting Buttons. I tried to follow the “Read the Vote Results Information” as outlined at Working with Voting Option Using MapiMessage|Documentation

but the property does not exist on either MapiMessage.Properties or MapiRecipient.Properties. If I ask for the MapiPropertyTag.PR_RECIPIENT_AUTORESPONSE_PROP_RESPONSE, it will return null. I have even stepped through quick watch and navigated through all collections to see if that property existed or not.

I can provide the email that I was testing with and sample source code that I am using.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am using Aspose.Emails.dll version 17.1.0.0

@icordova,

We have tried to reproduce the issue at our end. Initial investigation shows that the issue persists. The issue has been logged into to our system with ID EMAILNET-38899 for further investigation by our Product team. We will update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

Thank you for the response!

Do you know if this has worked in earlier versions of Aspose.Email.dll and if so what version?

@icordova,

We are looking further deep into this issue. Please share your sample code snippet that you are using to create and send voting message and the sample email message that have the voting response.

Attached is my sample code that includes the email I was testing with. I had EWS logic that called down to the ProcessMapiMessage() function but I removed it since it called down to the same function. Both got the same results which is that it did not pick up the responses.AsposeSupport.zip (2.6 MB)

@icordova,

The reading of this information depends on the availability of PR_RECIPIENT_AUTORESPONSE_PROP_RESPONSE property in the message file that we couldn’t find in the sample file you have attached.

While creating one such message using MS Outlook, we were unable to get hold of one that could have this property. Is it possible for you to share such a message file with us with this property?

@kashif.iqbal - I guess I am not sure in MS Outlook how to set that property. When I look at the email, I see the Tracking responses and provides the response and the date responded. I even did a sample application using the older Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook .NET library and with the same email/test case, I can parse the response and date time. That library gives me exactly what I need however I am trying to avoid using that as it is not recommended to be use unattended (i.e. Window Service) which is what we are trying to use.

@icordova,

We actually didn’t mean to set the property manually through MS Outlook. Instead, when a voting option is included in a message and reply is made to this message, the response message does’t include this property. We’ll further investigate this at our end under the created ticket and update you here with our findings.

@kashif.iqbal I just wanted to check in to see if your team was able to determine if this is a defect and if there are any potential work arounds. Can you provide me an update when you have a moment?

@icordova,

The issue is still open for investigation by our Product team. I have requested our Product team to share feedback about the approximate availability of investigation results or a fix version and will update you here once there is some information available in this regard.

@icordova,

The issue you have reported here in this thread has been fixed in the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 18.2.