ReCalculateOnOpen

What is the corresponding excel interop properties for aspose wb.Settings.ReCalculateOnOpen?

when we set wb.Settings.ReCalculateOnOpen in aspose where i can see this property in excel?

@shajithomas32,

Thanks for your query.

1. I am not an expert of MS Excel interop APIs, so do not know about the corresponding APIs in Excel interop. I think you should browse internet, Office interop APIs or check with corresponding community/forums.

2. I think there is no visual option available in MS Excel for the underlying feature, it is done internally. When you set this attribute to true, MS Excel always recalculates the formulas when opening the file into it. When you set it to false, MS Excel will skip calculating the formulas in the spreadsheet. The default behavior of MS Excel is that it will calculate all the formulas in the workbook when opening an Excel file into it.

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thanks good reply, make sense its not a visual option.But what internal property in exce is changed in this case?

@shajithomas32,

You may find the “<calcPr>” tag in the source .xml file of the Excel spreadsheet. Open the output Excel file into some zip tool (WinRar, etc.) and open the xl\workbook.xml file, you will see the corresponding element there. For example, when you set the ReCalculateOnOpen Boolean attribute to true, you will see corresponding options as following:
<calcPr fullCalcOnLoad="1" />

Corresponding lines of code:
e.g
Sample code:

workbook.Settings.CalcMode = CalcModeType.Automatic;
workbook.Settings.ReCalculateOnOpen = true;

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you.Your in depth knowledge sharing is appreciated