Recurring calendar event and modified occurences

Hi,

I have some event that is recurring master and list of modified occurrences, how can I import them into PST in that way ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

Could you please share your sample files with us for our further analysis and looking into it? We’ll assist you further in this regard after investigating it at our end.

Hi,

I’m afraid there nothing to share, cause those events are in my custom format, where I store master event separately and occurrences separately with my custom field where I put in each occurrence id of the master. So the question could be just for java example, how I can create recurring event and then add some occurrences of this event with for example changes in location field for in each occurrence.
I don’t see this in your examples, but I know that Outlook does allows this.

Thanks

Hi,

Just made one recurring master event and then edited 2 occurrences.
Please note, when importing this calendar with events into outlook, it does recognize that it’s one event that is master and marks it as master and then on the days where occurrences there’s no master but only occurrences and those events are marked as edited occurrences of the master.
Please see attached calendar.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you fro sharing your sample files.

Could you please elaborate the difference between the Master and edited items with the help of snapshots by opening in MS Outlook? We need to understand your exact requirements to assist you further and appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
Hi,
Please see attached PNG from Outlook, you can see there master recurring event "Test" and Friday 18/11 there modified occurrence of that master, called "Test 1" and on Saturday 19/11 anther modified occurrence of the same master, called "Test 2" and it's duration is bit longer.

You can see in the screenshot, that each event has in the upper bottom corner, there is a mark for recurring event and also for modified occurrences (as crossed with the line).

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for explanation.

We were able to observe the issue you have mentioned and have logged it as EMAILNET-38545 for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some information available in this regard.

Hi,

Is there any estimation when this will be released ?

Thanks

Hi,

The issue is planned to be available in the next release. You will be automatically notified once the new version is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38545) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thanks,

Can you please provide a sample how to create modified occurrences from the master recurrent event ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team again.

Currently no such option is available which can be used to access individual occurrence in a recurrence and modify/delete it. I have logged a new feature request under Id:EMAILJAVA-34246 for further consideration by the product team. You will be notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hi,

But I was thinking that EMAILNET-38545 is providing such functionality.
So, please explain EMAILNET-38545 is what about ?

Thanks
Hi,

Above mentioned issue was about difference in icons for modified occurrences while opening the PST file in Outlook. This PST is created by adding such ICS files with modified occurrences using Aspose.Email. This issue is resolved and available for download.

The second issue EMAILJAVA-34246 is about creating such appointment where occurrences can be modified. This issue is not resolved yet and we will write back here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.