#Recursive Reference! error

I downloaded your evaluation copy of Aspose.Cells version 4.5 recently. I am trying to see if it will work for the purposes of our latest software project. I am running into an error I can't seem to get around. I am attempting to pull data from an Excel file and display it in a grid on an ASP.NET page. Everything works great until the last few rows, when it displays a "#Recursive Reference!" error. It is a fairly complex financial/real estate spreadsheet. The calculation works fine in Excel, but the value doesn't seem to be picked up by Aspose.Cells. I am very eager to purchase your product as I think it will save me a bunch of time, but I need to verify a few crucial things will work first. Thanks...

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you post your sample template file with test code to point out those "#Recursive Reference!" here. We will check and figure out your issue soon.

Thank you.

Here is the file I am using (attached), as well as some code. The problem is related to the line:
workbook.CalculateFormula(true);
If I comment that out, it works, but when I update the spreadsheet (via code from the ASP.NET page) it won't refresh the data on the page without that line of code. Any suggestions would be very useful in helping me assess whether your product will meet our needs. Thanks...

protected void btnPopulateGrid_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
try
{
//workbook.CalculateFormula(true);
Range r = workbook.Worksheets.GetRangeByName("datatest");
DataTable dataTable = r.ExportDataTableAsString(); //.ExportDataTable();
gridView.DataSource = dataTable;
gridView.DataBind();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
this.lblMessage.Text = ex.Message;
}
}

protected void btnWriteData_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
try
{
Range r = workbook.Worksheets.GetRangeByName("CurrentPotentialIncome");
r[0, 0].PutValue(Convert.ToDouble(this.txtCurrentPotentialIncome.Text));
//workbook.CalculateFormula(true);
//workbook.Save(Server.MapPath("datatest.xls"));
this.lblMessage.Text = "Data written successfully...";
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
this.lblMessage.Text = ex.Message;
}
}

Hi,

Please try this fix.

The formula is "=SUM((CP154:DA154)*(13-Start_Month))" in Cell "CP156" in worksheet "calc".We will sum all cells in range,but MS Excel only sum the cell which is in the same column of the formula cell.We will look into it.Could you change your formula as "=SUM(CP154*(13-Start_Month))"?