Recursive Reference Errors

I am a customer, having an Aspose.Cells v5.1.0.0 license. For a new project I need a function for replacing all formulas with their value. I saw that v7.5.0.0 has that function, so maybe I should activate the license. I downloaded and tried.

There are problems with the workbook containing many “#Recursive Reference!” after having worked with Aspose v7.5.0.0.
  • The workbook can be recalculated without problems (Workbook.CalculateFormula). No error is thrown.
  • However, when looking at certain cells from within Visual Studio I can see that they contain “#Recursive Reference!”.
  • The workbook can be opened in MS Excel 2013 without any problems. No errors are shown, all cells are calculated and have a value.
  • If Worksheet.Cells.RemoveFormula is called, then saved, then opened in MS Excel 2013, there are many cells with “#Recursive Reference!”.
Can I do anything for locating the cause of these problems?

Michael G. Schneider

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

Well, unless we have your template file, we cannot evaluate your issue properly. Kindly attach your template Excel file and paste your sample code here, we will check your issue soon.

If we found the issue on our end, we may log it into our database, so your issue can be figured out soon.

Thank you.
Hello Sahi,

thanks a lot for your offer to look at the excel file. I will prepare the file and send it as a private message shortly.

Michael G. Schneider

Hello Sahi,

I have been unable to make the post with the file attachment private. Maybe only entire threads can be marked private. I will open a new thread with (almost) identical title.

Michael G. Schneider

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please see the reply in your other private thread.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/91405