RedactionAnnotation rotating upon Redact()

Hi,

I’m experiencing a strange issue adding a redaction using 19.11.00

I have a searchable PDF that I’m trying to apply a redaction to, however the redaction is coming out with a slight rotation.

Code

var redactionArea = new Rectangle(100, 100, 400, 400);
var redaction = new RedactionAnnotation(doc.Pages[1], redactionArea);
doc.Pages[1].Annotations.Add(redaction);
redaction.Redact();

Examples

Input file

Output if redaction.Redact() is excluded

Output when .Redact() is applied

I can’t simply exclude .Redact(), or replace with .Flatten() as I wish to remove the underlying content.

If it helps, the source file has come from an OCR’ing process, which has corrected the angle of the document slightly. The angle the document was corrected by appears to be consistent with the rotation that is being applied by .Redact()

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Tom

@TomKirkland

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share source and generated files so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment.

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for your response.

I’ve attached the source file of “888464.pdf” and the generated file of “Incorrect Rotation.pdf”

888464.pdf (170.6 KB)
Incorrect Rotation.pdf (67.4 KB)

Many Thanks,
Tom

@TomKirkland

We have been able to reproduce the issue in our environment. A ticket with ID PDFNET-47431 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Farhan,

Thanks for testing this and confirming the issue.

Do you know when a fix is likely to be looked at, as this causes a serious issue with my deployment of the product.

Many Thanks,
Tom

@TomKirkland

Please note that the issue has been logged under free support model and will be investigated on first come first serve basis. Therefore, it may take some months to resolve. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding ticket resolution, we will let you know.

However, we also offer Paid Support, where issues are used to be investigated with higher priority. Our customers, who have paid support subscription, report their issue there which are meant to be investigated urgently. In case your reported issue is a blocker, you may please consider subscribing for Paid Support. For further information, please visit Paid Support FAQs.