Reducing the file size of PDF

I have been working with the evaluation copy of Aspose.PDF. I have an Excel document and Word document that we are merging together into a single PDF document. My question is how can I reduce the size of the PDF document that is generated?

Example: After using the Aspose.PDF and Aspose.PDF.Kit components I get a file size of 18624 KB. I open the PDF up in Adobe Acrobat Standard and save the file it reduces the file down to 6330 KB. That is a huge difference. How can I get the same results out of the Aspose components?

I have not made any configuration changes to Adobe Acrobat. It is standard install only.

Thanks,

Duel

Hi Duel,

You can compress the Pdf document during the process of conversion, using the CompressionLevel property in Pdf class of Aspose.Pdf.

Once the Pdf file is generated you cannot compress it. So as a workaround, first convert the Word document to Pdf and set the compression level and repeat the same for Excel file. After the Pdf files are generated, use Aspose.Pdf.Kit to concatenate the two resultant files. For information on how to concatenate Pdf files, please visit Concatenate PDF Documents

In case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

I did all that and the file size did shrink at all.

Hi,

Can you please share your Word and Excel document so that we can check this problem?