Reducing the size of excel template

Hi,

I have an excel template in my .NET project which i am downloading through my code. I have written certain macros inside the excel file and there are in all 8-9 worksheets in the excel file, in which only the first worksheet is kept visible and all other worksheets are kept hidden. On downloading the template, i am populating some master data from my database in these hidden worksheets. The problem i am facing is that the size of the downloaded template becomes aroung 6.65 MB. I have tried reducing my macro code/unnecessary variables and also by removing unnecessary worksheets, but the size of the downloaded file remains almost same. I want to reduce the size of the downloaded template. I am attaching the downloaded template from my project, with this post. Please have a look.

Thanx

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Cells does not do with the size of your template file. I checked you template file has huge list of validations (that you are applying to certain ranges of cells in different columns) and they can possess certain size. I think your underlying macros are not extending the size.

Thank you.

Thanx for a prompt reply.

I am able to reduce the size upto 6.5 MB by removing some list validations. Do you think that the number of worksheets in the file (10 worksheets in my case) might have increased the size of the file ?

Hi,

After removing all data validations, the size of the file reduces to 3.7M.

We checked this file.We find there are many empty cell in the file.

Does this file created by manual or Application?

If the file created by Aspose.Cells, could you post your sample codes? How do you fill the data of the cell?