Redundant span tags in Aspose Word Express

Dear Aspose,

May I express my gratitude for this free utility. I have come across nothing as straightforward and efficient for converting Word files to epubs.

As another post eluded to, this utility has a tendency to generate excessive span tags from Word docs that have been edited multiple times. The reply mentioned that you might consider joining runs with the same formatting before converting to EPUB in future versions.

I’ve found that version 1.1.0 still permits this to occur.

So my questions are:

1. Is Aspose likely to address this in future versions?

2. Can you offer any advice on how to eliminate whatever the utility is stumbling across in the text that generates the tags?

Although the tags don’t interfere with the text itself, I wonder whether masses of span tags slows down the device’s display of text .

In this blossoming age of ebook novels, ongoing revisions are inevitable. Your utility would be an invaluable tool for countless emerging digital novelists, who at the moment are drowning in span tags and sobbing inconsolably. As I am one of them, please consider addressing this, and help lessen the misery that is my life.

I would be happy to send some flowers to encourage that this be addressed.

And I’d certainly send some if it was.

Many thanks, all the same, for a great utility.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words Express is a
free utility and it uses older version of Aspose.Words v10.2.0 and takes only one
document as input.

Casper04:

1. Is Aspose likely to address this in future versions?
2. Can you offer any advice on how to eliminate whatever the utility is stumbling across in the text that generates the tags?

I would suggest you please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.6.0 from here and read how to convert MS Word document to ePub file from here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How-to+Convert+a+Document+to+EPUB

Please let us know if you have any more queries.