Reference Power BI dataset

Is there a way using Aspose to reference a Power BI dataset? I would be starting with a template file and just update the Power BI dataset during workbook creation. My hope is that the Excel workbook would bring in the dataset and then I could programmatically act on the new dataset.

@mraduenzel,

Could you please elaborate your requirements a bit and provide more details. Also, share a sample Excel file having reference to Power BI dataset. We will check it soon.

Hi Amjad, we don’t have a sample file which has a reference to Power BI because I’m trying to find out if it’s even possible using Aspose first. That would change the direction on how this would get designed. But, basically, we have a Power BI dataset which does whatever transformations need to be done on the data and includes a dashboard for visualizations. Instead of extracting the data from Power BI and then loading it manually into Excel, we want to know if we can just reference the Power BI dataset directly, much like you would reference a SQL dataset through a connection.

@mraduenzel,

I do not think, currently Aspose.Cells supports to set reference to Power BI dataset and then extract data into Excel spreadsheet automatically. Anyways, we will look into it and get back to you soon.

@mraduenzel
Aspose.Cells does not support inserting power pivottable now.
Please integrat Power BI to Excel in MS Excel and save the file as template, then Aspose.Cells can process the template file.