Refresh GridWeb

Hello,

We have a GridWeb and we would like to modified the content of some cells Values when we are notified of a change by OnCellModifiedOnAjax.

How can we refresh the GridWeb?

Thank you for your help.

@lswe,

Thanks for your query.

Could you elaborate and provide more details about your requirements. Also provide us a sample project (runnable) on how you are doing using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb API currently and what is not working, we will check it soon.

Hello,

When a cell is modified, a treatment on the server determines the values ​​that will take some cells that have the same context.
When we return from this treatment, we would like to refresh the modified cells in the grid.

Here is a small example that only adds a value to a different cell than the modified one.

https://we.tl/gU4ristjWJ

@lswe,

Thanks for the sample project with template files.

We also appreciate if you could provide some screenshots taken dynamically after running your project to show the process and your requirements (you may add text comments to denote your requirements and what you need to achieve). We will log a ticket with all the details, sample project and screenshots for it. This will help us really to evaluate your needs and to consequently figure out your issue precisely.

https://we.tl/IHLvKu7jJK

@lswe,

I did follow your steps to execute your project but still I could not find the issue you have mentioned. The value is shown correctly in the cell, see the screenshot for your reference:

Could you give us one more favor, i.e., capture a demo video and provide us here on how you are not getting the results in your way. We will check it soon.

Thanks for your reply

A short video of my execution :
https://we.tl/FLORJOz8c0

In my test project, I modify a cell and i want the same value in an other one.
B9 => C9 and D9=>E9 in the video, with no success.

The test project works in your environnement ?

@lswe,

Thanks for the video tutorial and further details.

We understand your requirements a bit now. I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46026” for your issue/requirements. We will check on how to get same value (from a cell) to another one.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thanks,
To be clear, the need is not to put the same value in an other cell, it was only for the example.
The need is to refresh the grid when a cell modification causes changes in other cell.

@lswe,

Thanks for providing further details.

We have logged it against your existing issue “CELLSNET-46026” into our database.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

@lswe,

We will figure out your issue soon. In the next fix, you can write code like this:
e.g
Sample code:

private void SetGridWorksheetCells(GridWorksheet sheet, GridCell cell)
        {

var cellToUpdate = sheet.Cells[cell.Row, cell.Column + 1];

cellToUpdate.PutValue(cell.Value);
//if need to trigger client update for aditional cells , you need to add the updated cells in ModifiedCells list
            GridWeb1.ModifiedCells.Add(cellToUpdate);

}

Thank you for your responsiveness.

@lswe

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix for your issue CELLSNET-46026 and let us know your feedback.

For sample code, please see the above post i.e.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46026) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.4. Please also check the document/article for your reference: Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation

Hi,
It works perfectly fine, Thank you.

@lswe

Thanks for sharing good news with us.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.