Reg: Aspose Jar Upgrade from 2.5.4.7 to latest jar version

Hi

Our application is making use of Aspose jar version 2.5.4.7 and we are working in JAVA JDK 1.4(we are also planning to upgrade to JDK 1.6). We are planning to upgrade to the latest version of Aspose 7.3.2.1(We think this is the latest version or else please let me know). We would like to know if we can directly jump to the latest Aspose version and do the necessary code fixes or is there an intermediate version that we have to go to first before we jump to the latest version.

We would also like to know if there any constraints(apart from the necessary code fix needed to be done in the application) if we jump directly to the latest version? and also of any known compatibilty issues with JDK new versions.

Regards

Karuppiah

Hi Karuppiah,

Well, as you perhaps know we did port .NET code to create new Java version with the release of version v7.0. We have continuously worked to make it more robust and fixed some relevant issues accordingly. Now, the new versions(e.g v7.3.2) with its APIs set is equally matched with .NET version with tremendous enhancements and performance. You may upgrade to our latest version/fix:

I have also attached a spreadsheet to guide you what APIs changes are made (so you may update your existing code segments for your project(s)) in the latest versions when you want to upgrade from your older version to new versions of the product.

Thank you.

Hi,

Also, please download and use our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.3.2.3.

Hi,

Thanks for the spreadsheet and other details. We also need to know if there are any intermediate jars released by ASPOSE after 2.5.4.7 and before 7.0.1. From the spreadsheet that you have attached, we understand that the there is no release between 2.5.4.7 and 7.0.1. Please confirm on this.

Also please let us know if there are any API changes between 7.0.1 and 7.3.2. We need to know if we can directly upgrade to 7.3.2 or we would first need to upgrade to any intermediate versions.

Regards,

Karuppiah

Hi,

Well, the first auto-ported version we released was v7.0.0 but version v7.0.1 was more robust.

Please use the MigrationOfCells.xls file to upgrade to your new APIs model and there is not any significant changes in the APIs b/w 7.0.1 and 7.3.2 (latest), so you may use the file to directly upgrade to latest version of the product from your older version e.g v2.5.4.x.

Let us know if you have any problem, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the details. Please share the list of versions released between 2.5.4.7 and 7.3.2. We need this information for sharing with the business users.

Thanks,

Karuppiah

Hi,

Please find the list of the versions (in reversed order → latest versions are mentioned first) that are released b/w your older version 2.5.4 and latest version 7.3.2:

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.1

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.0

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.2.2

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.2.1

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.2.0

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.2

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.1

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.0

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.4

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.3

· Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.2

Hi ,

As per the Aspose Cells 7.0.1 API Documentation, LightCells API has been removed and it is not supported.We are using LightCells in our application. What is the alternative for LightCells in Version 7.0.1?

Regards

Karuppiah

Karu_78:

Hi ,

As per the Aspose Cells 7.0.1 API Documentation, LightCells API has been removed and it is not supported.We are using LightCells in our application. What is the alternative for LightCells in Version 7.0.1?

Regards

Karuppiah

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

I have check the latest version and found it is supported. For detailed information regarding LightCells API(s) and its interface, please see the following documentation topics.

I have attached the following files for your help and illustration of LightCells API working.

These demo files execute the code of the given Java article. I have also attached the output file which has only 1000 rows ( you can create as many rows as you like ) for illustration purpose only.

Screenshot:

Hi,

Well, the LightCells APIs have been supported in the later versions of the product now as my colleague told you, we also recommend you to kindly use our latest version v7.3.4 which also includes some enhancements accordingly:

Moreover, please see the article that may help to upgrade from older versions to latest APIs set:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/How+to+Migrate+to+Aspose.Cells+7.0.0+or+Higher

Thank you.

Hi,

We have looked into your inquiry further and will update you bit more.

In recent versions V7.x, we only support to save workbook with light mode. If you are using LightCells APIs of old versions V2.5.x to read template files, we are afraid it is not supported yet for versions from V7.0.

We are working on rebuilding our inner models to decrease the memory cost for reading template files now. When we have new progress on this task, we will let you know and will provide new fix asap when it is available to you for evaluation.

Thank you for being patient.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your support.

We use Light Cell API for read and write excel template.

I am expecting for the latest version of Aspose Cells sooner with above feature support.

Regards

Karuppiah

Karu_78:

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your support.

We use Light Cell API for read and write excel template.

I am expecting for the latest version of Aspose Cells sooner with above feature support.

Regards

Karuppiah

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Sure, once we will have some update regarding the support of this feature in our latest versions, we will update you asap.

Also, we have logged this feature request in our database with the issue id: CELLSJAVA-40409 and attached it with this thread.

Once, it is resolved, you will also be notified automatically now.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40409) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.