Reg: PDF problem when page size changed

I am facing a problem with Aspose pdf when I try to convert pdf containing HTML content of page size 8.5X11 to other page sizes using pdf file editor or makeNUp it is getting empty pages when I use the pdf with Adobe and try to print.

would you please assist me regarding this?

Please find the attachments for your reference.ResizedPDF.pdf (237.3 KB)
8_5X11WithHTML_Source.pdf (237.5 KB)

@NKChari

Would you please also share the sample code snippet which you are using to resize the PDF along with an expected output PDF. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

leftpdf.Save(leftms);
                rightpdf.Save(rightms);

var output = new MemoryStream();

var pdfFileEditor = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor();

pdfFileEditor.MakeNUp(new[] { leftms, rightms }, output, true);
                output.Position = 0;

var output11X17 = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(output);
                output11X17.PageInfo.Height = Aspose.Pdf.PageSize.P11x17.Height;
                output11X17.PageInfo.Width = Aspose.Pdf.PageSize.P11x17.Width;
                output11X17.PageInfo.Margin = new Aspose.Pdf.MarginInfo(0, 0, 0, 0);

rightpdf.pdf (48.5 KB)
leftpdf.pdf (592.2 KB)
output11X17.pdf (639.9 KB)

@NKChari

We tested the scenario in our environment with Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.12 and we obtained similar output as output11X17.pdf which you have shared. However, we were unable to notice any issue as the output was according to the supplied input documents. Furthermore, upon printing the output with Adobe, we received attached document.

printed.pdf (636.8 KB)

Could you please highlight the issues in the attached file or share an expected output PDF which you want to obtain using the API. We will further proceed to assist you accordingly.

I am using Aspose.PDF 19.2 version.

Attaching files are resized using MakeNUp as I mentioned in the code earlier.

Following are 2 sample expected outputs with their corresponding input files.
output11X17.pdf is an issue file.
output11X17_2.pdf generated properly.

rightpdf.pdf (124.8 KB)
leftpdf.pdf (169.1 KB)
output11X17.pdf (274.9 KB)

rightpdf_2.pdf (2.2 KB)
leftpdf_2.pdf (2.5 KB)
output11X17_2.pdf (4.2 KB)

@NKChari

We were able to reproduce the issue in our environment while using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.12. Therefore, have logged it as PDFNET-49254 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate it and keep you informed about its resolution status. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Any updates or progress on this? let me know.

Which is very important and urgent for my project, we are facing the issue in production, please help me at early.

Thank you.

@NKChari

The issue has recently been logged in our issue tracking system and will be resolved on a first come first serve basis as per the policy of normal support model. We are afraid that we cannot share any update at the moment as investigation of the issue is still pending. We have also tried below approach to resize the pages of the document but got no success:

var output11X17 = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(output);
Facades.PdfFileEditor fileEditor = new Facades.PdfFileEditor();

for (int i = 0; i < output11X17.Pages.Count; i++)
{
 fileEditor.ResizeContents(output11X17, new int[] { i + 1 },
                    Facades.PdfFileEditor.ContentsResizeParameters.PageResize(PageSize.P11x17.Width,
                        PageSize.P11x17.Height));
}
output11X17.Save(dataDir + "output.pdf");

The output file showed an error while opening in the Adobe Reader. The issue seems related to resizing the page. In the first part of the code snippet, the document is being generated with larger dimensions and while changing them with less value is possibly creating the issue.

We are afraid that we cannot comment further on the reasons behind the issue before complete investigation. We will surely inform you as soon as we have some updates in this regard. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Any expected date or month when this will be resolved. I am facing issue in production.

So requesting this many times.

Thanks for understanding.

@NKChari

We really apologize for the inconvenience and delay you have been facing due to this issue. As shared earlier, the issues are resolved on first come first serve basis unlike our paid support option where issues are dealt with high priority. You issue could not get investigated yet due to other issues which were logged prior to yours. Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and will surely consider them during issue analysis. We will inform you once we have additional updates in this regard.

Hi, Any update.

we are using licensed version.

@NKChari

Your concerns were already logged along with the ticket. However, we really regret to share that issue could not get resolved due to other issues in the queue. Please note that we will surely schedule its fix after resolving previously logged issues and share the updates with you as soon as we have some in this regard. We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter.

Hi,

What do I have to do to get this done on priority?

It’s very much important now for us. It’s been one year already since you logged
a ticket, we are still waiting.

@NKChari

First of all, please accept our humble apology for the delay and inconvenience you have been facing. Please note that the issue could not get resolved due to other pending issues and tasks in the queue logged prior to it. As shared earlier, the issues in free support model are resolved on first come first serve basis unlike the paid/priority support model where issues have high priority and are resolved on urgent basis.

We have already recorded your concerns and will surely try to share the fix ETA of the issue as soon as it is completely analyzed. We highly appreciate your patience in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.