Regarding Aspose slides for Java

Hi,

We are having the following requirement.

• Need to read the data from DB and create charts and graphs in excel sheet and embed that excel sheet into PPT.
  • Now open the PPT and click on embedded excel sheet.It should open up the excel sheet.

We have downloaded the trial version of Aspose slides and we are able to get the above working.We want to check if the following capabilities are possible with Apose slides and Aspose cells.

• We want to create only 1 excel file with multiple sheets.
  • Now each sheet of this excel workbook should be embedded within different PPT slides.
  • Right now when we are embeding excel object in ppt we are getting "Object embedded" text on PPT and when we click on it excel sheet gets opened.I assume the text is coming because we are using evaluation copy.
  • Also we need to control the formatting of PPT like changing the background colors,fonts,embedded objects should be aligned properly.

Can you please let us know if the above capabilities are supported.Any sample code will really help us.Once POC is completed and all requirements are met we will go for procuring the license.

Thanks

Ravi

Hi,

I have just answered same questions in this thread.

Hi,

Some more clarity I need on the following.

• As you can only embed MS Excel Workbook in PPT when using MS PowerPoint, same is true with Aspose components.Does this mean we need to create a separate excel file for each ppt slide.
  • "Object Changed" message is displayed whenever you embed an OLE Object in ppt/pptx. You can replace it with an image as explained .The solution here is to open the embedded xls sheet and save it and next time when you open it will show the graph or chart of embedded xls sheet.Another is to replace it with custom image, but our requirement is to show the grpah or chart of embedded xls sheet when the ppt is opened for first time.Is it possible that we can convert the chart or graph of embedded xls sheet into an image at run time and use the same image in PPT.

Thanks

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

1) You need separate MS Excel file for each slide.

2) In Aspose.Cells for .NET, you can convert Excel Chart to an image using wb.Worksheets[chartSheetIndex].Charts[0].ToImage()method. However, in case of Aspose.Cells for Java, you can seek help from Aspose.Cells support forum here.