Regarding evalution copy error

Hi,

In my project currently we are using Aspose 2.5.3 jar

To open workbook : Workbook.open(inputStream).

But in upgraded Aspose 8.3.2 jar

To open workbook : Workbook workbook = new Workbook(inputStream).

After upgrading the code i am getting following exception.

com.aspose.cells.CellsException: You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation.

at com.aspose.cells.zga.b(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.cells.zbka.b(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.cells.zbka.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.cells.zbka.b(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.cells.zbka.c(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)

Please do the needful.

Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

This is the evaluation limitation of Aspose.Cells APIs that it will not allow you to create more than 100 instances of Workbook in an application life cycle without setting a valid license. In order to avoid this limitation, please set the license before initializing any of the Aspose.Cells classes. In case you are evaluating the latest version of the API then we would suggest you to get a 30 day temporary license to test the API at its full capacity.

Hi,

But i got the temp license from your team. where i should set the license? whether in web.xml or any other place.

Thanks & Regards,
Saravanan Mani

Hi,

Well, if you do not specify or set valid license in your program/ application, by default, Aspose.Cells for Java works in evaluation mode. The evaluation version simply becomes licensed when you purchase a license (even you may use 30 days temporary license, you may apply for it) and set it in your code to apply the license. Evaluation version of Aspose.Cells product (without a valid license specified) is limited to open 100 files in one program and an extra worksheet with evaluation watermark is always embedded to your output files. The error denotes that you are not using the valid license or setting it in the code.

Thank you.

Hi,

saravanan mani:

But i got the temp license from your team. where i should set the license? whether in web.xml or any other place.

Well, please make sure that your licensing code should run at least one time in the whole life cycle of your application, it looks like your licensing code does not process at all. Please make sure that licensing code should be run at least one time in your whole application life cycle, you should place the licensing code at a place where it should be processed first and fine before using any other APIs of Aspose.Cells component. For example, you may place the licensing code in your class library which it should be run when you create object for that class library (e.g in the constructor) before using any other APIs of the product.

Also, please see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Licensing

Thank you.

I have the license, still I am getting the same error.

@adritasharma,

Well, please make sure that your licensing code should run at least one time in the whole life cycle of your application, it looks like your licensing code does not process at all. Please make sure that licensing code should be run at least one time in your whole application life cycle, you should place the licensing code at a place where it should be processed first and fine before using any other APIs of Aspose.Cells component. For example, you may place the licensing code in your class library which it should be run when you create object for that class library (e.g in the constructor) before using any other APIs of the product.

Also, please see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Licensing

Thanks for the quick response