We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Regarding opening the word doccument-not saving on disk

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on how to open the word doccument when someone clicks on the button eg:view as word .The doccument should not be saved on the disk i.e if i use doc.save ("c\\eg.doc) it will save on the disk .I want the doccument to be opened without saving it anywhere so that later on if i wish to save i can do that or close it.

I am new to this Aspose.Words .Can anyone please help me regarding this.

Thank You,

Bindu.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. As understand from your post you would like open document from stream in MS Word. To open document in MS Word (View button in demo) is used the following method.

Process.Start(fileName);

This starts MS Word. Unfortunately there is no way to open document in MS Word from stream.

However if you need to open document for programmatically editing (using Aspose.Words) you can do this.

Document doc = new Document(myDocStream);

If you need your own functionality to view and edit document then I think Aspose.Editor could be useful for you. Please see the following link for more information:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/visual-components/aspose.editor-for-.net/aspose-editor-getting-started.html

Best regards.

Hi Noskov,

Thank you very much for your reply.I have opened the doccument using the process .start (filename) in system.diagnostics.It worked fine..But,I think i cannot edit anything in the word doccument it just opens the doccument.If we want the doccumnet to be edited i think we have to use aspose.editor.

Thank You,

Bindu.