Region and locale format inconsistencies

Hi,

I am using aspose cells 23.4 and am currently investigating a possibility to process excel files using different regional parameters. I am seeing differences between how aspose and excel displays some values. A simple code example would be this:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(new FileInputStream("C:\\path\\to\\region test.xlsx"), new LoadOptions());
  workbook.getSettings().setRegion(CountryCode.HUNGARY);
  workbook.getSettings().setLocale(new Locale("hu", "HU"));

Cell cell0 = workbook.getWorksheets().getRangeByName("range1").get(0,0);
  Cell cell1 = workbook.getWorksheets().getRangeByName("range1").get(0,1);
  Cell cell2 = workbook.getWorksheets().getRangeByName("range1").get(0,2);

String currency = cell0.getStringValue();
  String longDate = cell1.getStringValue();
  String shortDate = cell2.getStringValue();

I tried various regions and locales, but I don’t always get an expected result for the variables currency, longDate and shortDate (I expect them to be the same as in excel with regional setting applied).

For example, in case of the shown code snippet, the values of the variables are:

currency = $30 004 569,00
longDate = 2013. március 14.
shortDate = 3/10/2013

However, if unmodified Hungarian regional setting is applied on Windows, excel displays these values slightly differently:

currency = Ft30 004 569,00
longDate = 2013. március 14., csütörtök
shortDate = 2013.03.10

Another example would be Finnish:
Aspose:

currency = $30 004 569,00
longDate = 14. maaliskuutata 2013
shortDate = 10.3.2013

Excel:

currency = €30 004 569,00
longDate = torstai 14. maaliskuu 2013
shortDate = 10.3.2013

Here the short date is processed correctly, but the currency and long date are still different. What I noticed is that for most of the country codes the currency is not converted. The date inconsistencies are not as often.

I attached the file used in the example. Would like to know whether a fix for this could be expected or the behavior is as expected. region test.zip (6.5 KB)

@Vaidas,

Thanks for providing us details and sample file. We will evaluate your issue and get back you soon.

@Vaidas,

We were able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using sample file after an initial testing. We found issues/differences regarding formats (e.g., currency, longDate and shortDate) for Hungarian/Finnish region or locale.

We need to investigate your issue in detail. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45577

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.