Regression: accessing visibility properties changed the visibility in the resaved output with the latest Aspose.Cells

Hi,

I upgraded Aspose.Cells from 18.5.1 to 18.9.0 today and found some extra elements appeared in the re-saved workbook even if I didn’t change anything.

Code:

var workbook = new Workbook(@"test.xlsx");
        var test = workbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].CategoryAxis.MajorGridLines.IsVisible; // just access the visibility
        workbook.Save(@"output.xlsx");

The major grid lines became visible in the output even if ‘test’ variable is false.

I also tried:
var workbook = new Workbook(@“test.xlsx”);
workbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].CategoryAxis.MajorGridLines.IsVisible = false;
workbook.Save(@“output.xlsx”);

And I still saw the major grid lines in the output.
image.png (149.2 KB)

This issue didn’t happen with Aspose.Cells 18.5.1.

I’ve attache the test files and output files from both versions for your reference. Could you please help me check this issue?

test.zip (247.7 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you have mentioned by using your template file and sample code. I found that some extra elements (grid lines appeared) are shown in the chart after re-saving the file. If we do not read those attributes, the issue does not occur though. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46343” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thanks for the ticket.

The issue not only happened when I read the property, but also that even if I explicitly set the value to false (as I mentioned in the code above), the output still showed the grid line, which made the property unusable. Therefore we couldn’t use the latest version/features from Aspose.Cells.

So we would very appreciate if this could be fixed asap so we can upgrade the Aspose.Cells version.

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for sharing your findings.

We have logged it against your issue into our database. And, sure, we will try to figure it out as soon as possible.

Once we have any new information or the fix for your issue is available, we will let you know.

@ServerSide527,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9.1 (attached)

Your issue “CELLSNET-46330” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells18.9.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells18.9.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.7 MB)

Hi,

Thanks for the update. But I cannot access the attached files, it is saying ‘Sorry, this file is private. Only visible to topic owner and staff members.’ , even if I have already logged in and I’m the topic owner…

@ServerSide527,

We are sorry for your inconvenience, we will evaluate this issue soon.

In the meantime, Please try the fix by downloading it from dropbox:
Aspose.Cells18.9.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip
Aspose.Cells18.9.1 For .Net4.0.Zip

Hi,

Thanks for the new links! I have tried the version and it is looking very good so far, the grid line now has been properly hidden/appeared in the output depending on the Visibility property value.

I’m looking forward to the official release.

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. You may use this fix as an official release, it has all the functionality (full fledged) of v18.9 plus fix for your issue.
However, if you still need official release, you have to wait for a month of so until we release our next official release, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.10. The release is scheduled in the third week of October 2018.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46343) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.10. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi